Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 FXS Blackline wide front tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM
SandDan
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 FXS Blackline wide front tire

I saw a blackline on a "burleigh bars for blackline" video, that had a wide front tire. Anyone else seen this video that may be able to help me make this happen on my scoot? I love the 21" with the skinny tire, but my lady would feel more comfortable with a little more rubber licking the pavement.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-03-2013, 02:00 AM
jrpitty
Intermediate

Yea I did see it and I think it would look good. Unfortunately I don't know I wonder if the slim's front wheel will fit on it with just some different spacers?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Hey...my bike is a 2011 Blackline (of whatever is left of it LOL ) ... my front wheel is the 9 spoke wagon wheel from a touring bike.. the Blackline comes with a wide triple tree... so any wide wheel works.. even a rear wheel works... the only difference is that a rear wheel has different hole/threads on each side... the pulley bolts are thicker... so if you plan on going with double brake disks in the future... then you must use a front wide wheel...

Originally Posted by SandDan
I saw a blackline on a "burleigh bars for blackline" video, that had a wide front tire. Anyone else seen this video that may be able to help me make this happen on my scoot? I love the 21" with the skinny tire, but my lady would feel more comfortable with a little more rubber licking the pavement.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM
jrpitty
Intermediate

It looks awesome. Now I just wish that I could get a black liess wheel that matches the rear.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
discodave
Tourer

Originally Posted by joebotics
Hey...my bike is a 2011 Blackline (of whatever is left of it LOL ) ... my front wheel is the 9 spoke wagon wheel from a touring bike.. the Blackline comes with a wide triple tree... so any wide wheel works.. even a rear wheel works... the only difference is that a rear wheel has different hole/threads on each side... the pulley bolts are thicker... so if you plan on going with double brake disks in the future... then you must use a front wide wheel...

Bike looks awesome! What size front tire is that?

My bike originally had a 21" wheel and skinny tire on the front too. I prefer the look of the fatter tire so made the switch as well. Just like Joebotics said..... It's an easy swap.