Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting big shot longs,a/c and tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:48 PM
spinoleo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting big shot longs,a/c and tuner

snow isn't leaving soon so getting big shot longs the a/c and tts tuner from local shop.he is going to let me watch how to use the tts and price is very good talked me out of getting the quiet baffles until I ride with the originals and if I want to change later he would change them out at cost plus $10 for labor

Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,788 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Can't go wrong with BSLs. Which A/C you putting on? Don't know much about the TTS. Is your mechanic able to tune it? Use a Dyno? Just curious.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 AM
BlackSpecial
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spinoleo
snow isn't leaving soon so getting big shot longs the a/c and tts tuner from local shop.he is going to let me watch how to use the tts and price is very good talked me out of getting the quiet baffles until I ride with the originals and if I want to change later he would change them out at cost plus $10 for labor
Good choice on the TTS. As long as your guy can tune it you should be very happy with the results.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:22 AM
mustang125
Cruiser

I am doing the same thing. The tts needs a dyno to get a good tune so I went with the dj5 with auto tune. I am not done with the engine mods and don't want to go to the dyno every time I change something. I am using fuel moto's air cleaner as the use a billit backing plate were Aaren Ness uses a stamped steel one. The quite baffles change the tone a little and make it less annoying to the rider. It still is very loud. Have fun!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
spinoleo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mustang125
I am doing the same thing. The tts needs a dyno to get a good tune so I went with the dj5 with auto tune. I am not done with the engine mods and don't want to go to the dyno every time I change something. I am using fuel moto's air cleaner as the use a billit backing plate were Aaren Ness uses a stamped steel one. The quite baffles change the tone a little and make it less annoying to the rider. It still is very loud. Have fun!
he has a dyno ,but said I could do it with out dyno just down load and autotune the dyno just faster and any changes I make after just look up closest file and autotune 3-5 rides and I will be set

Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM
spinoleo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by QC
Can't go wrong with BSLs. Which A/C you putting on? Don't know much about the TTS. Is your mechanic able to tune it? Use a Dyno? Just curious.
the a/c will be a k&n rk series and yes he can use the tts and will show me so if I change anything I will be able to download and change files

Old 02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

post pics when finished.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:48 AM
jbg
Road Warrior

Get the quiet baffles now. They bring the tone down a little and make the sound a little deeper. You'll end up wanting them anyway. Save the $10 and do it yourself. On that note, you can do the pipes install yourself. Only takes about an hour. Just need a small jack to get the bike off the ground. You can put the QBs in too.

Last edited by jbg; 02-20-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:22 AM
mustang125
Cruiser

I hope it stops snowing soon, like predicted by the weather rat,so you can ride. Like said the quite baffles give them a meaner tone. Sounds like you are getting the autotune module with the TTS. this is a good move.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM
casbar
Cruiser

I had to put on the quiet baffles, but they aren't quiet, but they do take off the edge, without they are bloody noisy, had loads of crap from my neighbours before I put them in

Quick Reply: getting big shot longs,a/c and tuner