Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout Riser Extension?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM
crawlgsx
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breakout Riser Extension?

Trying to find some riser extensions that might work with the Breakout.

Changing risers wouldn't really work due to the way the speedo mounts, I think?

If I could find some 1.5-2inch riser extensions I think that would be enough to stop me from having to hunch a bit.

I am having trouble finding any that I can tell if they will work. let alone look ok.

I am just trying to avoid having to change bars and extending wires.

Thoughts?

I'm wondering if some of the riser extensions for like the Street Bob would go at the top between the current risers and the bars (and still allow the speedo mount to attach) (Something like https://www.denniskirk.com/2-in-hand...prd/598067.sku)

or if it would be better to find some risers that go between the tree's and risers?

Last edited by crawlgsx; 07-07-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 01:11 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.spacerjim.com/HarleySpacers.html

One of the Breakout owners just installed these. I'll likely be purchasing these as well if another avenue doesn't pan out.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:17 PM
parttime379
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just got a email from jim this morning stating that he has them available for the breakout now so i will be ordering a set tomorrow for my bike.

Last edited by parttime379; 07-07-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:44 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by parttime379
just got a email from jim this morning stating that he has them available for the breakout now so i will be ordering a set tomorrow for my bike.
Let us know how it improves the reach on the BO. I was going to have Performance HD install the reduced reach bars until they told me their quote... I decided to run with stock for this year. Maybe over the Winter I'll get quotes on the hardware and do it myself.

Old 07-07-2013, 03:40 PM
crawlgsx
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FurryOne
Let us know how it improves the reach on the BO. I was going to have Performance HD install the reduced reach bars until they told me their quote... I decided to run with stock for this year. Maybe over the Winter I'll get quotes on the hardware and do it myself.
That is why I was looking at this option. I got quoted from 2 different dealers to install the reduced reach and said F-That.

Originally Posted by Harley_Charley
http://www.spacerjim.com/HarleySpacers.html

One of the Breakout owners just installed these. I'll likely be purchasing these as well if another avenue doesn't pan out.
Awesome thanks. Definitely a decent option. I was really hoping for more than 1 inch but it would definitely be an improvement. I would have to get them chromed though, black/brushed aluminum is going to stick out too much in my opinion.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-13-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Flying too low
Cruiser

Do you think with the rake that it will feel the bars are closer rather than just higher with the spacers. How hard is install on this. I sat on CVO yesterday while looking into some more goodies for my Breakout. Those bars felt perfect.

I like the look of mine better but not to comfortable for me.

How much was quote for reduced reach bars guys

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-13-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:00 PM
FurryOne
Road Master
Received 127 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Ryndak
How much was quote for reduced reach bars guys
I was quoted $1100 for the complete install - bars, risers, cables, labor, etc.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Flying too low
Cruiser

Will I need new cables for the 1 inche risers?

Old 07-07-2013, 06:08 PM
parttime379
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Ryndak
Will I need new cables for the 1 inche risers?
No u wont need new cables plenty of length on the cables. I read a post and the guy was saying it was a a great improvement..

Originally Posted by FurryOne

Will do, have to get together and ride sometime, we are planning on going to the oswego bike fest at the end of August if you would like to ride down with us, You are only a 1hr ride to the house. And Performeance HD is expensive for anything.

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
Awesome thanks. Definitely a decent option. I was really hoping for more than 1 inch but it would definitely be an improvement. I would have to get them chromed though, black/brushed aluminum is going to stick out too much in my opinion.
In an earlier email that he had sent me he said that he can have them chrome powder coated and would like to see that as well. I will be sending them to syracuse to get chromed..

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-13-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Chaparro78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crawlgsx
I have spoke to him, waiting on a quote for 1 1/2 inch risers. I think it would look good in black since the bars are black as well.

Quick Reply: Breakout Riser Extension?