Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Master Tuner - Canned Maps

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TTS Master Tuner - Canned Maps

My wife just traded in her 08 Nighstster and purchased a new Slim. She added the SE Heavy Breather and a set of V&H Short Shots along with a TTS Master Tuner 2. I was thinking I would just download a canned map and call it good (partially because I didn't want to spend $400 for the dyno tune) but now I may be rethining. I know having it tuned would be best, but are the canned maps really that bad? Anyone running them without a dyno, and what are your thoughts.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Canned maps are fine. No different then what movi does with their bikes. The map is the same for each bike. However, you can make data runs while riding the bike and optimize for your bike without doing a dyno

Old 10-10-2013, 12:59 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

The TTS Mastertune offers a degree of adjustment that is very comprehensive. That is to say that it offers a range of adjustments that is so great that it is both the good news and the bad news. It's good news if you know what you are doing and/or read their directions and follow them exactly to the letter. It can also be good news if you use and stick with their canned maps. But this assumes that your build pretty closely matches the canned map that you use. However it'll be very disappointing (ie bad news), if you start messing about creating your own maps and don't know what you are doing. I absolutely love it! It is without a doubt the BEST Geek Toy there is for a Harley. One more thing, if you use a computer to data log the programming as part of making your own maps you will want to use a "Netbook" computer that uses flash memory and doesn't use the traditional rotating hard drive. You'll be buying a new hard drive for your PC, or a complete new PC if you don't . . . this would be the voice of experience speaking here. LOL

Last edited by Bluehighways; 10-10-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

The Maps they have today are better than they were several yrs ago. But they still are a one size fits all kind of tune, they don't/won't get UR motors its own personal tune which will Net U the best TQ, HP and fuel mileage.

I've heard that the newer bikes don't have to have anything done with just Stg1. I also have one friend with a 13 Ultra that did Stg1 and 255 cams with only a download. He's happy with it. Though I've read that with a download U'll still be EAP lean.

Don't know about the TTMasterTune as I've had my SERT for 7 yrs and love it, I got it because I didn't want a tuner that I'd had to tweak or mess with after the dyno and I didn't want a piggy back system either.

I just want to ride, not play or worry about the tuning all the time.

If U see more engine mods in the future, till then a DL for now would save U $$ by not having to do another dyno later.

Last edited by oct1949; 10-10-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:58 AM
bfellenbau
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The canned map I used took care of all the issues I was having with my bike and the reason I bought the TTS in the 1st place. Completely eliminated the decel pop, motor runs noticable cooler, much smoother acceleration, and more power.
I may still put it on a dyno someday but I don't feel as though it is a must.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
bill in okc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a canned map and it works so well that I have not bothered to make any changes. I have a fairly routine cam/intake/exhaust.