Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-13-2015, 01:41 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Everything Breakout! Find out everything you need to know! Some topics include:

• Customizing you bike
• Seats
• Risers
• And much more!

For more information check out these threads:More Threads
Print Wikipost

The Everything Breakout Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:53 AM
LA_Dog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 141 Posts

so hey I came up with a crazy new mod project- I'm fabricating a "stealth" passenger backrest that will go under the passenger pillon, using a bracket from a Deuce and a Kuryakn plug-n-play bracket- a bit of cut-n-welding involved, but test fitments show it to be promising. to early to post pics yet - stay tuned.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:57 PM
JAX-HD-Rider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
Sent my fender struts for my 13 Breakout (aluminum) to Sport Chrome. They came back vacuum packed to a cardboard backer. Packaged with higher quality than some new parts I've purchased from other companies!

I received excellent service from Sport Chrome also got a great discount for being a forum member!

How long did it take them to get the struts back to you? Also if you're willing to share what was the OTD price for the chrome job on the struts?

They really look good.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JAX-HD-Rider
How long did it take them to get the struts back to you? Also if you're willing to share what was the OTD price for the chrome job on the struts?

They really look good.
It took them about a week once they arrived at their location. I also chromed some other pieces. It was a little over a couple hundred, shipping and excellent packaging included.

They are still in the package in that pic to give you an idea.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:13 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

My tins are still out for paint. I didn't want to open them up and risk something happening.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 AM
mtrhd
Stage II

Does anyone know if the stock throttle body size on a cvo breakout is 50mm?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:59 AM
oifcmb24
6th Gear

So got my bike back yesterday. Not quite as high of numbers as I was hoping for but it's still pretty damn impressive. Seat of the pants tell the story and when the front tire comes off the ground in 3rd, you know there is a difference. This cam is amazing. Idles pretty smooth without much lope, and instant power. 100 ft lbs of torque straight from idle. I love it.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:42 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by oifcmb24

So got my bike back yesterday. Not quite as high of numbers as I was hoping for but it's still pretty damn impressive. Seat of the pants tell the story and when the front tire comes off the ground in 3rd, you know there is a difference. This cam is amazing. Idles pretty smooth without much lope, and instant power. 100 ft lbs of torque straight from idle. I love it.
What cam is this dyno for? The tq is earlier than mine but falls of earlier. Very nice sheet. Did you do heawork when it was apart? if so would you care to share details? Any compression bump? Ill attach a sheet for any breakout owners thinking about cams. Maybe someone should start a breakout only dyno thread , as it would be a place for real data to be shared. Sheets should show cubic inch, compression if not stock, headwork if applicable, exhaust and cams used. I can tell you my bike runs very strong too. Hey if your getting the front wheel up in third that would be a nice video to see.

Attached Thumbnails The Everything Breakout Thread-0119151902-463x640-.jpg  

Last edited by cdonis; 03-22-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Eric91Z
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by cdonis
What cam is this dyno for? The tq is earlier than mine but falls of earlier. Very nice sheet. Did you do heawork when it was apart? if so would you care to share details? Any compression bump? Ill attach a sheet for any breakout owners thinking about cams. Maybe someone should start a breakout only dyno thread , as it would be a place for real data to be shared. Sheets should show cubic inch, compression if not stock, headwork if applicable, exhaust and cams used. I can tell you my bike runs very strong too. Hey if your getting the front wheel up in third that would be a nice video to see.
There is this thread someone had started:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...nce-dynos.html

Old 03-22-2015, 04:31 PM
Pigbacon
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cdonis

His page says Andrews 57 with head work. Very similar to mine. Curious about head work.

Old 03-22-2015, 04:41 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Pigbacon
His page says Andrews 57 with head work. Very similar to mine. Curious about head work.
Thanks, i guess its the heads bringing the tq to the left. Still earlier than most any i ve seen anywhere including on( a ) motors. I cant remember where you hit the 100 tq, was it that early with the heads.

Quick Reply: The Everything Breakout Thread