Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 02:48 PM
UT-rckr
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lewis Richards
Why do some people put other things on their bike (paint, pipes, handlebars, etc.?) Doesn't that make the bike look ghetto? Won't you catch a beating if you pull up to the wrong 1% bar? Think about it...if H-D wanted that stuff on the bike, they would have made it that way. I suggest we all save our money and leave them the way they look and perform the best. STOCK!
Thanks for steering us straight TROLL and letting us all know that stock is the best performance you can get and that 1%ers all ride stock bikes. Now you just need to inform HD of this so that they will stop selling aftermarket parts.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Mathis
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts

Think about it...if H-D wanted that stuff on the bike, they would have made it that way. I suggest we all save our money and leave them the way they look and perform the best. STOCK!
I'm sitting here shaking my head, wondering what I could possibly say to you that you would understand?

I'll mention that they do not perform best when stock, but I seriously doubt you would even care about that. It's a free country - Enjoy your "stock" life.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:56 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

Leave them OEM stock? What the hell kind of question is that? I'm sure HD wouldn't be too happy if everyone left them stock either.

And if your sister had ***** she'd be your brother I suppose.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:09 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Hey Lewis, your last post said your just got a bike and that you needed a manual , and pretty much all the tools to work on it. I think you said a 2014 manual too, and you said you need these so you can start doing things to it. Seems you've had a change of heart. Stock sucks that my opinion! lol

Old 05-20-2014, 03:11 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Oh and by the way are you enjoying the forum beatdown, hope your skins not thin.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:16 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking

"Why" you ask? Meh, just to do it I suppose ...

Old 05-20-2014, 03:17 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,269 Likes on 1,975 Posts

Why do some people put other things on their bike (paint, pipes, handlebars, etc.?) Doesn't that make the bike look ghetto? Won't you catch a beating if you pull up to the wrong 1% bar? Think about it...if H-D wanted that stuff on the bike, they would have made it that way. I suggest we all save our money and leave them the way they look and perform the best. STOCK!
Amazing, now HDF is getting closer to completion, we now have an authority on the ghetto. Next think you know, there'll be a subsection here just for discussing ghetto related subjects.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Lewis Richards
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No my skin isn't thin, but it looks like some in here might have hurt feelings. I was actually planning on putting different handlebars, grips and probably highway pegs on my bike (for comfort). That's why I asked the QUESTION. I didn't want my bike to appear ghetto to other traditional H-D people. I think some of you might be being a little hypocritical in your comments to me though. I think everyone has their own idea of what level of modification looks ghetto in both bikes and cars. There could be a bike on the cover of EASYRIDER, that you might say to yourself, you would never own such a bike because it doesn't even look like a H=D, and looks too GHETTO! just sayin.......

Old 05-20-2014, 03:46 PM
jhblaze1
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

No my skin isn't thin, but it looks like some in here might have hurt feelings. I was actually planning on putting different handlebars, grips and probably highway pegs on my bike (for comfort).
don't. That will look ghetto.

kidding aside, I think shoddy work, cheap parts, puerto rican paint jobs etc look ghetto. Spending time, money, and doing it right make your bike look unique and badass.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM
'10NIGHTGLIDE
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pagan48

And, Yes.....if YOU show up at a 1% bar I do believe you'll catch a beating.
I'd have to agree with this cat! They'd see this geek before he rolled up on his Honda Rebel....

Quick Reply: why?