Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Console Mod on 07 Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:15 PM
dkyork
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackline Console Mod Questions on 07 Night Train

Hi everyone,

I saw a few people have done this Blackline console mod on their Night Train, but no details were given on the key slots, or security FOB, etc.

What did you guys do for the indicator lights, speedo, key hole, security fob sensor, etc????

I'm going to start looking for 3rd party devices to do this, but figured you guys have already been through this. My biggest concern is the ignition switch and the security FOB sensor.

thanks,

DK

Last edited by dkyork; 06-14-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:55 PM
Harley_Charley
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know this has been done A LOT on the BREAKOUT but not sure about the Night Train. All you need to do is look through the parts catalog for your bike and see if your tank part # matches, if it does, that's great. Then the next thing you need to determine is if the fuel top plate part # matches, if not, you'd need to buy the Blackline Top Plate and install it.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 PM
Jakerz00
Advanced

I know the Blackline console has its own fuel pump mounting plate, that everyone has to change out on the Breakout. There isn't any usable space under the Blackline console so you're going to have to relocate anything under the Night Train console for sure. Ignition relocation isn't that hard, You could get a speedo mount from JokerMachine, or something like the Breakout has that mounts to the risers. Not sure what else is under there?

Just some thoughts,
Jake

Old 06-15-2014, 07:27 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made my own bracket out of 1/4" aluminum plate. Got some LEDs off eBay, a $70 mini speedometer, and a good quality three position switch for the ignition. A smaller switch acts as the trip reset button. No key anymore, most people don't know how to start a bike with a GripAce setup anyway, and the foot clutch is probably a theft deterent as well. If they want to load it in a truck, they are gettin it whether it has a key or not.

It was quite a bit of work rerouting the majority of the harness, and doing it in a way that looked factory. I used deutsch connectors on everything to make it more removable if the speedo or LEDs were to go bad. The blackline dash pretty much bolted right up, the tank plate didn't need changed. Had to modify the connection point by the seat, the dash doesn't work with the train seats. Here's a few pics.

And a video of it finished

Old 06-15-2014, 08:08 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

And here's a link to the thread I started for the project....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ress-pics.html

Old 06-15-2014, 08:16 AM
Jakerz00
Advanced

Yea that looks awesome dude! Thats one of the things I can't stand on the Train is the dash lol.

Jake

Old 06-17-2014, 10:08 PM
dkyork
Tourer

That is badass bro. I love the location. I need to make something like that for below my bars I think. I'm doing a push button led for the ignition that lights up when on. There are some speedos that have built-in indicators and shows current gear. Still shopping, but you gave me an idea to fabricate my own bracket for the speedo.

BTW, how's the visibility on those mirrors? I like their slim profile.

take care,

DK

Old 06-18-2014, 04:05 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Good luck with the project , keep us posted on the details and progress!

The mirrors are the ness mini ovals, I love em. Convex glass so the field of view is plenty fine for me, I could easily run just one and have plenty of visibility. And they aren't plastic like the kury crap.

Old 06-18-2014, 06:18 AM
dkyork
Tourer

Originally Posted by jreichart
Good luck with the project , keep us posted on the details and progress!

The mirrors are the ness mini ovals, I love em. Convex glass so the field of view is plenty fine for me, I could easily run just one and have plenty of visibility. And they aren't plastic like the kury crap.
Nice. I like how they stick out farther and still low profiled. I'm tired of looking at the side of my body with stock mirrors.

I'll keep you all updated. Getting like 25 pieces powdercoated right now.

DK

Old 07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
dkyork
Tourer

Hey guys,

Had to order the shorter bolt that goes on the fuel plate. The default night train was way too long. Time to work on the handle bars. Once I get it all done and powdercoated, I'll post pics.

thanks,

DK

Last edited by dkyork; 07-02-2014 at 05:38 PM.