Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Daytona

Old 01-08-2006, 09:25 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daytona

Heather and have been invited to go down to bike week. Lodging is paid for and we are going to split food costs with everyone staying in the condo, gas is going to be split on the travel down (have to trailor given the great weather here in the north). Never have been, and I know we will have a great time with our friends, nice vacation away. Usually we save alot of our vacation time to make several long weekends to ride and a couple of smaller rallys and of course a vacation with the family. Figure we'll be spending about $1,200 to $1,500 for the week down and back and using up 6 days vacation. Looking at different web sites etc. checking pics and all that during bike week, it looks fun but really commercial. I could really care less about all the different builders etc. see them on tv and they are a dime a dozen anymore, seen plenty of tricked out $100,000 choppers, and not goning to have a bundle of cash to buy a bunch of stuff from the vendors that we are not normally exposed to, (which we will wnd up doing and regreting it later)

Basically, who has been, what do ya think and what other types of rallys have you been to.

Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Default RE: Daytona

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Jock !!!
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HDWG,

I have been going to Daytona for a large number of years, both Bike Week and Biketoberfest.

As for other rallies I attend, Steel Pony Rally, New Orleans; Myrtle Beach Bike Week, Myrtle Beach, SC; Thunder Beach, Panama City, FL; Cherokee Rally, Smoky Mountains, NC, Southern Thunder and a couple of others.

If you have never been to Daytona for Bike Week, you should and will never forget it. While I do not know your interest, there is something for EVERYONE down here. The event has changed so much since I began to attend, however change does not have to be a bad thing.

A final note - BE CAREFUL HERE, since they take this event VERY serious and do not permit the EVENTS of the past...Not as much fun for some, but it may be more safe and acceptable to the locals.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bikeweek is definetly worth going too! I do bikeweek and biketoberfest but those are the only major events. I hit as many small rallys as I can throughout the year as well. There's lots to check out in Daytona. Make sure you get up to Ormond beach and check out the new Harley dealership there, the place is huge and supposed to draw a lot of the daytona crowd up there. They have maps for free there of a lot of the local ride routes that are excellent to check out. Cruise over to Orlando and check out Orlando bikeweek at Orlando Harley Davidson, it draws a pretty good size crowd.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 703 Likes on 336 Posts

Sean, Go, Go, Go,

When the fcujk are you ever going to get an invite in your life like this again. They are true buddies! Jump at the chance! Screw the money! Yeah, if you overspend, you have to work overtime. Who cares? Life is short, live every moment!

Joe

Old 01-10-2006, 11:02 PM
capn_buzzcut
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Heather and have been invited to go down to bike week. Logging is paid for...
OMG there's logging too? I better sharpen my chainsaw, hadn't planned for that AT ALL.

THANKS!

Old 01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Fixed logging
ORIGINAL: capn_buzzcut

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Heather and have been invited to go down to bike week. Logging is paid for...
OMG there's logging too? I better sharpen my chainsaw, hadn't planned for that AT ALL.

THANKS!

Old 01-15-2006, 01:42 AM
SKJOLD
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan on going to Daytona this year. I used to live there as a college student. There is plenty to do there. If you still plan on going let me know. I am also trying to get the Mascot down to Florida for that week so everyone that is comming to Daytona can sign or carry it as well. Maybe we can organize a HDForum group ride as well for everyone that is going.