Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Outer banks...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
TattooedAndScarred
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outer banks...

The wifey and i and some friends are heading down there this april! it will be our first trip there and we need to know some of the hot spots and hangouts. We may have extra room if anyone else may be interested in staying. Thanks

Old 01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Outer banks...

ORIGINAL: TattooedAndScarred

The wifey and i and some friends are heading down there this april! it will be our first trip there and we need to know some of the hot spots and hangouts. We may have extra room if anyone else may be interested in staying. Thanks
Check out www.outerbanksbikeweek.com. Pretty much any of the restaurants that are hosting events will be the places to be. If you are looking for a Myrtle Beach clone event, you are going to the wrong place. It will be much more laid back. The outer banks is what I grew up knowing as "the beach". While it is developing commercially, you can still actually ride down the beach road and see the ocean instead of one hotel after another. I highly recommend a ride down through Waves, Avon, Rodanthe, Hatteras, and on over the ferry to Ocracoake. Plan to eat a meal over there and be sure to take in the lighthouses on the way. If you have time, ride back up north and check out Duck and Corolla. Well check it out until the road runs out and you have to drive on the beach. LOL

There are lots of good restaurants down there. For a nice sit down meal, check out Kelly's Restaurant. If you like softshell crab or crabcakes they are some of the best. Be sure to sample some sweet potato biscuits no matter what you eat there. Another great place to have a drink and a meal is Awful Arthurs. But expect to get there, put your name in for a table, and then go upstairs and wait awhile and have some drinks. They serve appetizers upstairs as well. You'll wait 45 minutes or more for a table but it will be worth it.

Things will be kind of relaxed during the day but, at night, the restaurants with bars will probably be rockin'.

Have fun, maybe I'll see you there.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
ShoreRider
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 on Awful Arthur's and Kelly's. I've been doing OBX for a week every year for the last 22 years. Best place used to be Quagmire's, but they sold out and now it's condos/timeshare. Tons of other little places as well.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:37 PM
BIG$HD
Intermediate

We have a large group going again this year and if it is half as good as it was last year it will be a good trip. As the others touched on about arthurs and kellys I would add The Port of Call Resturant and Bar to that group. Good food and had a good band there when we went last year.
This will be our 1st trip to a rally w/our new toyhauler so im anxious to try it out.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:00 PM
WireDawg
Road Master

We do a family vacation there every other year (July 2007 ) Stayed @ Kitty Hawk.....gotta do one night's dinner at Awful Arthurs !!.....Also, if you like to offshore fish.......Oregon Inlet or Pirates' Cove will take care of you. Sure wish I was there now........snowing like a big dog in WI.