Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

screaming eagle stage 1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
Not to burst your bubble but, the guy running the dyno either didn't know what he was doing, or he did know what he was doing and blew smoke up your....where the sun don't shine, by incorrectly dialing in the dyno. Those numbers aren't possible with the pieces/parts you've installed on a factory 1200. Sorry.....
So whats realistic? Whats stock and what can someone expect with the stage one mods?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:01 PM
crazytrain69
Road Captain

That just doesn't sound right to me. Hmmm?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
BlockHead96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, maybe a 5 HP gain!

I personally wouldn't waste my $$ on the SE Intake, when the Ness Big Sucker does the exact same thing as the SE, for less!

Also, people need remember, the SERT or SEST on an EFI bike, is all EPA compliant, only when used with the SE exhaust. What this means is, you may get better breathing up front, but not a whole lot out the rear. What the SERT or SEST does is, bring you back to OEM specs, which mean you still have a lean, hot running motor!!

Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
jtaylor
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That does seem to be high on that dyno tune.I had mine tuned I have a 08 nightster with vh short shots se ac and pc3.it had origanaly 77.63 hp and 78.13 max torque after tune 83.48 hp and 80.34 max torque.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jtaylor
That does seem to be high on that dyno tune.I had mine tuned I have a 08 nightster with vh short shots se ac and pc3.it had origanaly 77.63 hp and 78.13 max torque after tune 83.48 hp and 80.34 max torque.
That sounds pretty good.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 PM
kytravlr62
Novice

Razorback,
I do not want to highJack this thread but what kind of sissybar you have on your bike. I think it is sick!

Old 07-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Razorback Rob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by kytravlr62
Razorback,
I do not want to highJack this thread but what kind of sissybar you have on your bike. I think it is sick!
Made it myself dude. I took the stock sideplates and traced them with a plsma cutter. I then took the new sideplates and drilled the holes where they were supposed to be. I bolted the sideplates together and grinded them together to ensure they were just alike. Then I took some 5/8 roundstock and made some bends and put the sideplates on my bike and tack welded the sissybar where I wanted it. It didnt take much time. I recently took it off because I had taken a trip and it didnt function like I wanted it to. The angle was just right to make my bag hit me at the small of my back. It drove me crazy. So right now I'm back to stock but thinking of something else. Glad you like it though.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:42 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ShadowMedic
I did stage 1 on my 08 nightster w/vance&hines side shots, SE High flow Air filter, and screamin eagle super tuner installed. Im in colorado so with the altitude i only gained 20hp from 65hp-85.76hp, 98.62hp when corrected to sea level, 73.14-81.42torque, 93.63 when corrected to sea level. Definatley worth the money and the bike runs alot cooler, eliminated alot of the pinging in the engine.
i call straight up bullshiit! there is now way on earth you got 20hp outta some ripoff stage 1 kit man. the intakes is basically your stock repackaged one with the label 'heavy breather' and the rest of the kit is some crappy slip on? please! on any HD you fight for a 20hp gain AND spend AIG bailout money to get there. the kits good like a sugar pill for a disease, all you'll get is the plecebo effect. get ceramic 2 into one pipes and stay the hell away from screaming eagle man! waste of money (been there done that) all they're good for is decent pistons and cams.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
mtnhorse
Advanced

I had the SE Stage I done with the Dyno Tune & it really woke my bike up. Expensive?-Yes--Worth it?-Absolutely!!

Old 07-03-2014, 02:26 PM
simply-G
Intermediate
Default Great work

Originally Posted by Razorback Rob
Made it myself dude. I took the stock sideplates and traced them with a plsma cutter. I then took the new sideplates and drilled the holes where they were supposed to be. I bolted the sideplates together and grinded them together to ensure they were just alike. Then I took some 5/8 roundstock and made some bends and put the sideplates on my bike and tack welded the sissybar where I wanted it. It didnt take much time. I recently took it off because I had taken a trip and it didnt function like I wanted it to. The angle was just right to make my bag hit me at the small of my back. It drove me crazy. So right now I'm back to stock but thinking of something else. Glad you like it though.
I'm all HD installed, just seemed the safest considering I purchased an 07 in 2014, numbers are low, seems like everyone is high 70's low 80's

Attached Thumbnails screaming eagle stage 1 kit-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: screaming eagle stage 1 kit