Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-On Recomendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:57 PM
p8nter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rush and they sound great

Old 10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

As most of you know, there are various 'versions' of the Screamin' Eagle mufflers, up to and including the newer 'Street Legal' model (which is a SE muffler in name only). Each newer version is more EPA compliant than the previous, and will give less actual performance.

The original version of the Screamin' Eagle mufflers are much better flowing than the newer versions, have the removeable/replaceable baffles, and they also have a much better tone than the newer versions.

The original SE2 mufflers for the Sportsters has the "Screamin' Eagle II" script on them, and on the back they are also marked "For Race Applications Only"..

Here are the Part Numbers you should look for;

80249-99A ~ Baloney Cut
80290-99A ~ Slash Down

They also had them available with a Black Coating;

80322-99A ~ Baloney Cut
80325-99A ~ Slash Down

This original version of the Screamin' Eagle mufflers also came in a 'Street Legal' model, which are better than the current SE mufflers out there, but weren't as loud and didn't flow as well as the models mentioned above. They have a "Harley Davidson" script on them instead of the "Screamin' Eagle II" and "For Race Applications Only".

Part Numbers for these are;

80102-97 ~ Baloney Cut
80363-99 ~ Slash Down

The Black Versions are;

80306-99 ~ Baloney Cut
80319-99 ~ Slash Down

Anyway, here is a set of the original Baloney Cut Screamin' Eagle 2 mufflers on my FatBoy. These are the ones with the "Screamin' Eagle II" script, and "For Race Applications Only".

Old 10-27-2009, 10:13 PM
blackyck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpitch
cycle shacks on ebay...150...check it out...screamin eagle are not very lout at all. were selling a fatboy at our shop with stage 1 and screamin eagle full screaming eagle exhaust...not very loud at all....sure its louder than stock but...ehhh
+1 on cycle shacks. makes it sound like a harley without setting off car alarms.
all for $150.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Cycle Shacks from E-Bay may not match up to your heat shelds, just take a look at my Cycle Shacks on my picture album and you will see what I mean. Get your self a set of V&H Straight Shot Slip-Ons, perfect match up to the heat shelds

Old 10-28-2009, 02:00 PM
hrhawg
Cruiser

+1 on the Cycle Shack slip-ons, sound great and a good price.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Cpitch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Curt1953
Cycle Shacks from E-Bay may not match up to your heat shelds, just take a look at my Cycle Shacks on my picture album and you will see what I mean. Get your self a set of V&H Straight Shot Slip-Ons, perfect match up to the heat shelds

not all slip ons match heat sheilds like the straitshots...i dont know of any others that do...but i could be wrong...
its not common only in cycle shacks. most other slip ons dont match up either

i dont mind them not matching up.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
themac5150
Cruiser

The V&H HS slip-ons will ruin your stock heat shield's chrome finish. Keep it in mind if you ever want to swap them out. The mufflers have their own shields that slide over the top of the stock shields on the pipes, and they vibrate and rub the finish off where they they contact each other very quickly. I had them installed first, but they were way too loud for me, and that was with the quiet baffles installed from the get go. I went with the SE street legals, and I love'em. Just the right amount of sound for me.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have cycle shacks and am very happy with them, but they are pretty loud, and a little on the high pitched side. If she just wants a nice low rumble, I would look into the Rush pipes that have been suggested.

Can't believe some folks with Nightsters have cycle shacks and don't set off car alarms. I set off car alarms with my cycle shacks all the time, and that's with an 883 engine.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:41 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SportyPig
Can't believe some folks with Nightsters have cycle shacks and don't set off car alarms. I set off car alarms with my cycle shacks all the time, and that's with an 883 engine.

Few days ago I pulled the internal baffles out of the Rush mufflers I have on my WideGlide and took it out for a couple of hours... Just for the heck of it...

Needless to say it did put out the "tone", especially when you consider that the bike is pushing quite a bit of exhaust through the pipes with the 204 cams, Mikuni carb, K&N intake and 1550cc's.

But as soon as I got back home the 2.0" baffles went back in, as even out here in the boondocks where I live there is such a thing as being 'too loud'..

Old 11-07-2009, 07:47 AM
ALDO44
Stage I
Default re se 1 or SE2 mufflers

hi i am writting from france
and i would like to know what do you thinks about the difference of
SE1 8310-99 and 80325-99A parts
i don't which parts choice
can you help me
is SE1 better than Screamin Eagle 2
thanks in advance for your help and sorry for my english
alain from france And ride free (your bike is great)
[quote = OldFenderGuy; 5777989] Comme la plupart d'entre vous le savez, il existe des versions «divers» de silencieux Aigle de Screamin ', jusques et y compris le plus récent modèle «Street Legal» (qui est un silencieux SE de nom seulement). Chaque nouvelle version est plus conforme à l'EPA que le précédent, et donnera performance moins réels.

La version originale de l'Aigle de silencieux Screamin 'sont beaucoup mieux ar-gent que les versions plus récentes, ont les chicanes / amovible remplaçable, et ils ont aussi un ton beaucoup mieux que les versions plus récentes.

Les silencieux SE2 d'origine pour le Sportster a le «Screamin 'Eagle II script" sur eux, et sur le dos, ils sont aussi marqués "pour les demandes seule course" ..

Voici les numéros de pièce que vous devez rechercher;

80249-99A ~ Baloney Cut
80290-99A ~ Slash Down

Ils ont aussi eu leur mise à disposition d'un revêtement noir;

80322-99A ~ Baloney Cut
80325-99A ~ Slash Down

Cette version originale de silencieux Aigle de Screamin 's'ajouta un modèle «Street Legal», qui sont mieux que les silencieux SE actuelle là-bas, mais n'ont pas été aussi fort et ne découle pas aussi bien que les modèles mentionnés ci-dessus. Ils ont une "Harley Davidson" script sur eux au lieu de la «Screamin 'Eagle II" et "pour les demandes de course seulement».

Numéros de pièce de ces sommes;

80102-97 ~ Baloney Cut
80363-99 ~ Slash Down

Les versions en noir sont;

80306-99 ~ Baloney Cut
80319-99 ~ Slash Down

Quoi qu'il en soit, voici un jeu de l'Aigle de l'original Baloney Cut Screamin '2 silencieux sur mon FatBoy. Ce sont celles avec le "Screamin 'Eagle II script", et "pour les demandes de course seulement».

[/ quote]

Quick Reply: Slip-On Recomendation