The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Stage 1 Stumble Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 08:09 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Default Stage 1 Stumble Help

I have a 2003 Ultra. It's stock except for an S&S Stealth air cleaner, Khrome Werks 3.5" Touring slip ons and PV-1.

I recently added the air cleaner and put in a Dynojet map using the PV. It ran good but had a really bad decal pop/crack and a pop on upshifts. It also had an intermittent stumble at light throttle cruise.

I fixed a minor exhaust leak and I've added fuel in the 20 and 30 map column, brought decel enleanment down to 80 and increased timing in the 20 map column back to match what was in the stock tune. This has fixed the decel pop and 99% of the upshift pop.

Now that we've had a few nicer days, I've found that the stumble is much worse than I had originally thought. Any part throttle cruise it seems to erratically stumble. It runs great when accelerating and decelerating but is miserable to just hold a steady speed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this without being able to autotune? I don't want to pay for a dyno until I can afford to do cams (hopefully this year but possibly not until next spring).

If I can't get this fixed, I'm going to just put the stock air cleaner on and put the stock tune back in until I do the cams.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LazySundays
I have a 2003 Ultra. It's stock except for an S&S Stealth air cleaner, Khrome Werks 3.5" Touring slip ons and PV-1.

I recently added the air cleaner and put in a Dynojet map using the PV. It ran good but had a really bad decal pop/crack and a pop on upshifts. It also had an intermittent stumble at light throttle cruise.

I fixed a minor exhaust leak and I've added fuel in the 20 and 30 map column, brought decel enleanment down to 80 and increased timing in the 20 map column back to match what was in the stock tune. This has fixed the decel pop and 99% of the upshift pop.

Now that we've had a few nicer days, I've found that the stumble is much worse than I had originally thought. Any part throttle cruise it seems to erratically stumble. It runs great when accelerating and decelerating but is miserable to just hold a steady speed.

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this without being able to autotune? I don't want to pay for a dyno until I can afford to do cams (hopefully this year but possibly not until next spring).

If I can't get this fixed, I'm going to just put the stock air cleaner on and put the stock tune back in until I do the cams.

Thanks in advance.
Can you send me the MAP you are currently running? chad@wideopencycles.net
If you send it can you link to this post? Or give a description of your problem in the e-mail.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:39 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Smile

Thanks Chad. You have mail

Old 05-06-2016, 05:25 PM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Default Stage 1 Stumble Help

Well, looks like maybe the map isn't the problem.

On my way home from work the bike started steadily running worse and the check engine light came on. Pulled a front injector circuit code.

Waiting for a tow as I type this. Will update when I know more.

Strange coincidence on the timing. Glad it threw a code or I could have been on a wild goose chase.

Thanks for the help.
LazySundays

Last edited by LazySundays; 05-06-2016 at 08:29 PM.