"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Help list

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

OK, just to clarify what was done in the past in the way of a Member Directory:

- Last year, I volunteered to put together a FL Crew Directory.
- A member's inclusion in the directory was voluntary/optional.
- Only the members that submitted their info for inclusion in the directory get a copy of the directory.
- Inclusion in the Directory is limited to people that are known to fellow Crew members & that have ridden with the Crew.
- To be in the directory, the following Info was required.
Screenname -
Real Name -
Cell Phone -
E-mail Address -

Optional Info included:
Home Phone # -
Home Address -
ICE Contact - (typically spouses name & number)

At this time, I have not decided when I will do the next edition of the directory, but probably after the first of the year. When the time comes, I will post up a thread requesting updated member info. I do not have the time to continually update and redistribute the directory every time someone changes a phone number, so please don't send me requests to change/update your info until I send out a request for updated info for the new directory.

If anyone else want's to takeover the task, have at it.

Last edited by cHarley; 12-06-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Bob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phlip96
...doubt he would give it to joe schmoe from Idaho.
Actually, according to his profile, Joe Schmoe is from Tennessee.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...joeschmoe.html

Old 12-06-2009, 03:24 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the list is emailed to each person as needed, it wont be posted on this site for all to see.
he also puts it into a format were you can import the info onto your phone (blackberry,iphone)
since charley is the one taking his time to make this list for us it would be up to his discretion to who goes on this and who is not. kinda sounds like santa claus there , whos been naughty or nice. unless we set up a committee of members to decide for all.
to answer your question charley i think once a year updates are enough. i also agree you should be an active member with the forum. not just have 1-2 posts and think your a member and never hear from you again. there are some on the current list whom we haven't sen or heard from in a long time. again we are all invited to be a fl crew member here. we are here to help who we can when we can.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
p8nter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
OK, just to clarify what was done in the past in the way of a Member Directory:

- Last year, I volunteered to put together a FL Crew Directory.
- A member's inclusion in the directory was voluntary/optional.
- Only the members that submitted their info for inclusion in the directory get a copy of the directory.
- Inclusion in the Directory is limited to people that are known to fellow Crew members & that have ridden with the Crew.
- To be in the directory, the following Info was required.
Screenname -
Real Name -
Cell Phone -
E-mail Address -

Optional Info included:
Home Phone # -
Home Address -
ICE Contact - (typically spouses name & number)

At this time, I have not decided when I will do the next edition of the directory, but probably after the first of the year. When the time comes, I will post up a thread requesting updated member info. I do not have the time to continually update and redistribute the directory every time someone changes a phone number, so please don't send me requests to change/update your info until I send out a request for updated info for the new directory.

If anyone else want's to takeover the task, have at it.

Good job cHarley and next time you update the list I would definatly send you an email Thanks and keep up the good work

Old 12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

never mind

Old 12-06-2009, 04:29 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldogmoe7
the list is emailed to each person as needed, it wont be posted on this site for all to see.
he also puts it into a format were you can import the info onto your phone (blackberry,iphone)
since charley is the one taking his time to make this list for us it would be up to his discretion to who goes on this and who is not. kinda sounds like santa claus there , whos been naughty or nice. unless we set up a committee of members to decide for all.
to answer your question charley i think once a year updates are enough. i also agree you should be an active member with the forum. not just have 1-2 posts and think your a member and never hear from you again. there are some on the current list whom we haven't sen or heard from in a long time. again we are all invited to be a fl crew member here. we are here to help who we can when we can.
Thanks BDM,

To clarify a bit further, the only requirement for inclusion in the directory, is that you be an active/participating member of the Crew. In order to protect everyone's privacy and their information, the only people that will receive a copy of the directory are those members participating in the directory, and it will be distributed to the participants via E-mail (not via PM, or posted on a website).

Hope that helps answer some questions.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:35 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks BDM,

To clarify a bit further, the only requirement for inclusion in the directory, is that you be an active/participating member of the Crew. In order to protect everyone's privacy and their information, the only people that will receive a copy of the directory are those members participating in the directory, and it will be distributed to the participants via E-mail (not via PM, or posted on a website).

That's a good requirement... I would help someone out, when I can, that are in the Crew... but I certainly would not want to be a 1-800-Call-AAA1 to just anyone cause they were added to a list. Would need to truely be part of the Crew.

Old 12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member

see we can get along
Thanks BDM,

Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I appreciate everything that has been said. I do think however we missed welcoming debjr67 to the Florida Crew and am afraid he may of gotten the wrong impression of the Crew thinking we are like a bunch of HOG members and I know the Pup wouldn't want that!

Old 12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by themensh
I have met cHarley....I like the guy, but who is HE to have a list and determine who to add or give it to?

chuck the mensh
cHarley took it upon himself to compile a list of the Crew members who are active ....I appreciate it and most everybody else did also as far as I know...anyone who didn't want to be on it could opt out..that was well over a year ago...and the list WAS NOT published online..it was, and still is, given only to active members....he also asked that who ever wanted to be on the list to give him their info.....so I don't think he actually appointed himself as the one who controls the list..and it seems he put a fair amount of work into it on his own dime, he was just trying to do us all a favor....

and Chuck if Master Blaster is outta the country ,call me I'll come assist ya...I'll even see if Trixie will come along...lol

Quick Reply: Help list