"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Head trip helmets

Old 12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No standards.... I prefer not wearing one. I see some of these novelty helmets as nothing more than a fashion statement that are about as protective as a plastic firemans helmet included with a happy meal. But if you are calling it a novelty helmet just because its not DOT, but still protects your noggin.. That's a different story. My brother wears a "novelty" helmet that's doesn't even have foam in it.... Just to keep LEO at bay. Those are the ones im referring to. I was visiting a few years ago snd went to tske his old Road King for a ride. I was backing out of the garage and did not have a helmet on. He stopped me and reminded me that Massachusetts is a helmet law state. He then reached on a hook and grabbed his helmet for me. It weighed about 6 ounces. He even had put a DOT sticker on it cause the cops look for it. Told me you can be arrested for doing that. In a helmet law state I understand wearing a fake one, but not wear there is no such law. Otherwise it would just be foolish. In my opinion.

Last edited by SoFla; 12-04-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Larpar
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,
Thanks for the link you posted a couple of years ago. Nice looking helmets. Bought my 2014 Ultra Classic in your neck of the woods at the N.P.R. dealer.

Old 02-23-2014, 04:40 AM
pjim
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When I knew Kim in the early 80's he was always in the middle of controversy, seems things will never change for him.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:15 AM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Dave
As is your choice. Wear what you want and let others wear what they want. Don't try to force your standards on others and the world will be a better place for all.
Amen Dave. Just got my HT helmet and couldn't be happier with it. Thanks for the original post. I'd have never found out about them if not for that.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:16 PM
jimfount00
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redman53
I love my HT helmet...been thinking about getting another one, glad to hear they are still in business....one word of warning though, if you go to the shop to pick up your helmet be prepared to get a buzz from the resin vapor.
I went to the shop to get mine and I swear I was a little high when I left...haha! Great helmet though and very comfortable.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:35 PM

I've had my HT helmet for a few years now and love it, Candy Blue, had a silver one but gave it to my brother, wish i kept it, lol. looking to get another one. I use my HCI helmets too but can't beat the light weight of the HT!!

Old 09-08-2014, 09:55 AM

If you're looking for one of these helmets, always check ebay on a regular basis. i just picked one up from someone who did'nt know what he had. you can get one new on their site for 175 bucks, i got this one for 20 plus 10 for shipping. can't beat that with a stick!

Old 08-02-2017, 06:51 PM
jeremyreed
Novice

want to bring this back wit a question..as far as helmet fitting.i have a novelty helmet that is 2xl that fits great,i also have a crazy al helmet same size but fits loose.for example in a bell helmet I wear xl and same in scorpion and shoie.in icon I need the 2xl.when I ordered the Crazy Als 2xl helmet and it fit loose I ordered a xl,but when it arrived it was too tight???so I gues what im asking in a long way do these helmets tend to fit big or small? I wanna get the right size for my big *** head

Old 06-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Jeffrey Dohlen
Stage III

****WARNING******* Head Trip Helmets and Composite Craft went out of business.

Old 06-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Jeffrey Dohlen
Stage III

Originally Posted by redman53
I love my HT helmet...been thinking about getting another one, glad to hear they are still in business....one word of warning though, if you go to the shop to pick up your helmet be prepared to get a buzz from the resin vapor.
***WARNING***** They went out of business!*

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head trip helmets