"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally!!

After four freakin months and a bunch of bucks I finally have my baby back in the garage!
I now of course have to fix or correct all the crap the dealer didn't do right, missed, left loose or didn't put back on the scoot.
Man are they gonna be surprised when I dispute that credit card charge until they make it all good. List is about 20 items long!!
Sounds like I have missed a bunch during the down time and hunting season but hey bike is back in the garage and venison is in the freezer so time to catch up

Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 AM
b1rider
Tourer

Glad you have it back and once everything is "up to snuff", you'll good to go. Wish the weather was a little more cooperative and not raining so much. I can handle the cold but not cold and rain.

Old 01-22-2012, 09:51 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Got to ride it for about an hour yesterday after sun came out but stayed close to home just in case and glad I did. Gas guage was reading 1/4 tank but low fuel light was on turned out the fuel light was the one correct as I ran out riding to the station to fill it up and had forgot my phone. After pulling over twice and letting the fumes gather I was able to make it to the pump. Most things are minor but enough to **** me off for as long as they had it and how much it cost me! Glad to have her back with a whole new frame and some choice goodies I had been wanting. Have to get some new pics soon as I can get her cleaned up and flying right.

Last edited by StonerGlide; 01-22-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-22-2012, 10:53 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Who did the work, Stoner? Conyers?

Old 01-22-2012, 11:22 AM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Good guess Jimmy
Greg is/has sold the dealership to new owners and is going through the vetting process of the motor company right now.
He was/is having financial troubles and they didn't order my parts due to credit hold with HD. I told them they should have called me to explain and I would have paid for the parts to keep this rolling.
Once I meet the new folks it will determine if I continue to use them. Fraziers is 9 miles from the house compared to about 80 round trip to SMHD.
Gotta hit Two Brothers Tires next week for a new E3 on the rear, I squeezed 16k+ out of that tire and it is a maypop baldeagle right now!
They got some stuff to make right as it stands right now or I will hold up payment until it is to my satisfaction.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you're at least back on the road, Stoner!

I have one of those chrome "high performance drink holder" thingies, too. Made a WORLD of difference...

Old 01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I wanna know how the hell you and others have gotten that many miles from a rear E3. I can't get more than 8k out of the rears, and they're cupped liked hell by 4k. On my 3rd rear now to the same front, and the front still looks great. I don't ride hard either..... The only reason I'm not on the 4th by now is that I haven't been on mine for months. Thinkin I may try something else next time.

Hope they get you straightened out. I won't deal with them anymore except for parts, maybe. And then only if I need it right away and it's in stock. I liked them when the other store was open, but not the Conyers store.

Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,037 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Good to hear the saddle is back Stoney...

Old 01-22-2012, 02:20 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
I wanna know how the hell you and others have gotten that many miles from a rear E3. I can't get more than 8k out of the rears, and they're cupped liked hell by 4k. On my 3rd rear now to the same front, and the front still looks great. I don't ride hard either..... The only reason I'm not on the 4th by now is that I haven't been on mine for months. Thinkin I may try something else next time.

Hope they get you straightened out. I won't deal with them anymore except for parts, maybe. And then only if I need it right away and it's in stock. I liked them when the other store was open, but not the Conyers store.

Hey Mike..... I am so happy for you. A shame that its not quite right yet. But I know that will come together for you.

Believe it or not, with wittnesses, I got more than 24000 miles on my stock set of tires, with the front tire not quite done. I changed both however. My '08 Fatboy couldn't last 8k on a set of tires. Drove me crazy. Simply amazed with the Street Glide so far.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:21 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
I have one of those chrome "high performance drink holder" thingies, too. Made a WORLD of difference...
Yeah I HAD one of those until my left 5th rib decided to flatten it beyond recognition Gotta find a new one now.

Last edited by StonerGlide; 01-22-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally!!