Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth options for non-fairing motorcycles

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 05:04 PM
firefox23508
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Bluetooth options for non-fairing motorcycles

Greetings!

I searched these forums extensively and can't find any information on a bluetooth speaker setup for bikes without fairings. I know Harley sells windshield and handlebar speakers but they are wired--separate power wires, a separate frame mounted wired amp, wired controls on the handlebar and a wire to the audio source.

I can't believe there isn't a wireless bluetooth solution out there. I've looked at various wireless speakers out ther like the Jam Box, but these would require fabricating some sort of windshield mount (not opposed to that, just trying to see here if someone already invented that wheel).

From what I've read on these forums to not so similar questions about wired solutions, some members helpfully suggest that the engine is the only music needed, or the suggestion that if you wanted music, you shoulda bought an Ultra ... but seriously, I wouldn't have anything but my Road King, I just want a little sound on trips occasionally during the rare times I've got the windshield mounted.

Has anyone else found a solution?

Thanks!

Old 11-06-2014, 05:19 PM
kryingame
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

you have lots of options.
If you have a RK, shouldn't you already have a stereo on your bike?
1 - You can stream music through your cell or MP3 player and use bluetooth headset.
2 - Or how about getting some speakers, such as the Kurakyn, The Sound of Chrome. You can connect your Ipod or whatever to the speakers.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by firefox23508
Greetings!

I searched these forums extensively and can't find any information on a bluetooth speaker setup for bikes without fairings. I know Harley sells windshield and handlebar speakers but they are wired--separate power wires, a separate frame mounted wired amp, wired controls on the handlebar and a wire to the audio source.

I can't believe there isn't a wireless bluetooth solution out there. I've looked at various wireless speakers out ther like the Jam Box, but these would require fabricating some sort of windshield mount (not opposed to that, just trying to see here if someone already invented that wheel).

From what I've read on these forums to not so similar questions about wired solutions, some members helpfully suggest that the engine is the only music needed, or the suggestion that if you wanted music, you shoulda bought an Ultra ... but seriously, I wouldn't have anything but my Road King, I just want a little sound on trips occasionally during the rare times I've got the windshield mounted.

Has anyone else found a solution?

Thanks!
get a set of J&M handlebar speakers with built in amp and 3.5mm input, a Bluetooth dongle like
this this
and stream your music to it from your phone

Old 11-06-2014, 06:01 PM
kneesinthebreeze
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

http://www.recklessmotorcycles.com/special_month.htm

I just got the fairing from Reckless with the Infinity Bluetooth head unit, Rockford Fosgate 300 watt amp and Polk audio speakers. It rocks. This is the same unit almost without the fairing.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:42 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,266 Likes on 825 Posts

Google or amazon search "bluetooth speaker motorcycle" and you will see many.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:40 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

I have Bluetooth speakers in my helmet...it works good and has built in FM, or I can use my phone for other music...this is the one I use, but there are others out there

http://www.cardosystems.com/motorcyc...g9x-powerset/1

Old 11-08-2014, 01:34 PM
firefox23508
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks to all for the suggestions! I think the Reckless unit is exactly what I'm looking for!