Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gopro Hero 4 Silver

Old 05-16-2015, 11:21 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Gopro Hero 4 Silver

I am a lot of things, but a techie I am not.....

I just bought a Hero 4 Silver to use on a Cabo San Lucas trip in two weeks, and then on lots of rides in the Monterey County area (home) before and after Sturgis this summer.

I have the basics down, and I REALLY like this little camera! Basics are the operative word. I am still reading through the users manual that I downloaded from the 'net, but if there are any of you that are really verse in this thing, I'd love to hear from you on any little discoveries and or nuances to it that you think would be beneficial to an old guy that has just enough tech knowledge to dive in and get stuck, but too often not enough to get "unstuck" before resorting to copious amounts of consumed booze to dull the pain of stupidity!

After figuring out the basics (as previously stated), and downloading the app on my iPhone, I took it on a short ride this afternoon and captured some still pics as well as some footage of one of my favorite rides not too far from the house. Being able to operate the cam from my cell phone on my handle bars with little more than a brief glance and the touch of a button, resulted in logging some really cool moments.

Would love to receive some real world feedback from the "Gopro's"!

Old 05-17-2015, 07:37 AM
DK's Limited
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my GOPRO..however the using it in the WIFI mode will kill the battery quick. I mounted mine in a location that allows me to turn it on and off by hand, saves battery. I also use the phone app to down load the videos...works great. And I used it to get me out of a ticket. Great addition to any ride.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:17 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

As stated Bluetooth will kill the battery, I use it only to make sure its at the angle I am looking for in different mounting locations then I turn Bluetooth off.

Sd cards for reading and processing is also important, make sure and look up video settings that will allow the best quality without using to much space on the SD card.

I like the 64GB SanDisk extreme plus or the Pixtor which ever one is on sale, class 10 with a 80mb or 96mb write speed, I also like Wasabi batteries for spears.

I use the Hero 4 Black but I think the silver would be the same for the most part.

YouTube is probably your best bet for a complete walk thru.