Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Purp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes

Order a pair of Hogtunes yesterday after hearing you guys talk about them so much .. couldnt stand the originals ...
How difficult are they to install .. anything I should know about removing the fairing

Thanks
Purp

Old 05-09-2007, 09:02 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hogtunes

Took abouttwoand a half beers (1 hour), beginning to end. Nothing special or technically challenging about it, just handle the front fairing half carefully when lifting it out of the way or reinstalling it.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:04 AM
jbhawley
Road Master

TIP.
Place a old sock over each passing lamp before you remove the fairing. That will allow you to rub the failring while remove/reinstall without scratching the paint. Makes the job much easier.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:12 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You should like em but don't expect dramatic difference. they just are a little clearer when you're crusin at 40-50 or so. What the bikes need is BASS, wish the moco would figure that one out. They are pretty easy to install. the fairing has 7 torx screws holdin it on. The bottom 2 on the inner fairing ae hard to see, they are down low, turn the front end one way, and then the other and you'll see them while looking at the frame neck. Do them first, then the 2 outer ones out near the mirrors, then do the 3 that hold the windshield, gently wiggle and pull up on the windshield to get it out. Then tilt the outer fairing towards you and when it is open enough to get your hand down inside it, reach down and unplug the connection to the headlamp. Now you can get the fairing up and out of the way. Don't forget to take a pair of heavy socks and slide one over each spotlamp if you have em, and a towel over the front fender. This will prevent scratching. After that just look at the speakers and youll see how they are mounted. Just unplug them, and then swap with Hog-tunes.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
devious56
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And that bit of information was probably the most beneficial tip that I had ever read. It will definitely save you a bunch of grief.

David

Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 AM
Purp
Advanced

Thanks for the info ..but it seem you guys are giving me info on how to remove the bat wing fairing .. I have a Road Glide ... cant be much more difficult right ..

Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Purp
Advanced

bump

Old 05-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Purp

Thanks for the info ..but it seem you guys are giving me info on how to remove the bat wing fairing .. I have a Road Glide ... cant be much more difficult right ..
the trick on the roadglide fairing is to remove the headlamps prior to re-installing the outer fairing, that way you can see the hooks and save yourself a lot of frustration. headlamps then just snap back in.

Old 05-10-2007, 06:28 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Vegas FLTRI

the trick on the roadglide fairing is to remove the headlamps prior to re-installing the outer fairing, that way you can see the hooks and save yourself a lot of frustration. headlamps then just snap back in.
NOW you tell me!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Vegas FLTRI
Tourer

hey I learned the hardway and only figured it out after about 1/2 hour of frustration. I have had the fairing off a 1/2 dozen time since and now it is a snap.
ORIGINAL: Teachu2

ORIGINAL: Vegas FLTRI

NOW you tell me!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hogtunes