Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hog Tunes

Ready to order mine, the questiuon is what do I need? I have an Ultra Classic and plan on adding a tour pak removel kit. Should I get 2 or 4 speakers and do I need an amp? Thanks for the help ?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Mr Wonderful
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Do you ride with a passenger much? If not, just go with the replacement speakers in the fairing. The amp is there to push the 4 speakers.......and I'm not sure you'd hear the rears if you are solo, amp or not on the highway. Been too long since I had a FLHTCUI, but I don't recall ever noticing the rear speakers unless at a stoplight. You can always add the amp and rear replacements later. Stock radio has more than enough punch to power those Hogtunes up front.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:12 PM
zorro
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 05 RG and the speakers remind me of my old transister radio I got when I was 12 years old as a birthday gift from Woolworth's - I suppose most of you have no "F-ing" idea what a transister radio is/was ...LOL

But thinking back - I'm pretty sure the speaker was a hell of a lot better than the round pieces of cardboard crap Harley passes off as speakers - The music sounds like it's playing through a box of "Special K" - Just more junk from the junkmasters from Harley - you know they are getting lots of parts from Tiawan now ... !!!

Anyway, who is President Pez sounds like a dictator from South America - is his head on a piece of long plastic filled with candy nibbles ...? (just kidding - relax)

How do I get a hold of this guy to get some super duper speakers...?

Old 05-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, thanks !!!

Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52 PM
zorro
Cruiser

O.K. I just bought some front speakers I hope I won't be disappointed - You know how finicky I am ... Are these easy to install - so easy a Cave man can do it???

Old 05-12-2007, 08:39 AM
tdshepard
Unsubscribed From Forum

Four Hogtune speakers for my 2002 Ultra Classic arrived yesterday and I got up early to install today. Piece of cake, all I used was a folding set of torx wreches (needed 10, 25, and 27). The speakers sound GREAT and while I usually save all my take off parts, the Harley speakers are going in the trash!

Old 05-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Purp
Advanced

I did the same .. what I dont get is .. you buy a $20000 machine with a good brand radio and have to change the speakers .. buy a $25000 car and it comes with a Bosse roadio and good speakers ..

Old 05-12-2007, 09:51 AM
zorro
Cruiser

Not one of Harley's finest hours - As I stated above they are having parts made in Tiawan if you look through their accessory catalog items with a T after the PN number means manufactured in Tiawon ...

I just bought a set of mini apes and the Tech I bought them from ordered them from a local Harley dealer who told him that these are the chromed version of the stock mini apes and are a Harley part number with a T at the end which symbolizes anything made in Tiawon... I will see how the quality is when they come in - If not up to snuff off they go ...

Old 05-12-2007, 09:57 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Bass? Bass?????...you said Bass..where the hell you gettin bass from?..that's the one thing missing from our bikes....man how I long for bass when I'm ridin..and yes, I do have Hog-Tunes...

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes