Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 PM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,482 Likes on 1,541 Posts
Default Batteries

i know this has been beat to death, but a friend is looking for a new battery. i've had two deka batteries that are still going in bikes i've sold. what i'm hearing now is Deka has changed the way they are making their batteries for the worst. anyone hear any of this ? my friend may go witha Yuasa.

Old 09-18-2016, 04:09 PM
djorgensen3
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Look at the Lithium batteries. I am very happy with mine.

Old 09-18-2016, 05:14 PM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 295 Likes on 240 Posts

I just bought a deka its only been a few weeks but good out the box

Old 09-18-2016, 06:03 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

I used to buy my batteries from Advance Auto Parts with online coupon codes of 20% to 30% off and picked up in the store about an hour later.
Advance Auto Parts has now reduced the warranty significantly to something like 90 days for a power sports battery.
The last battery was from a Batteries Plus location.
Used online coupon of something like 10% off.
Bought it online and picked up in store about 1 hour later.
That one comes with a 2 year warranty and was within $5 dollars of the Advance battery but it had the two year warranty.
These are AGM batteries.
Remember to take old battery into the store with you to avoid returning to store another day for core charge refund.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:14 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
i know this has been beat to death, but a friend is looking for a new battery. i've had two deka batteries that are still going in bikes i've sold. what i'm hearing now is Deka has changed the way they are making their batteries for the worst. anyone hear any of this ? my friend may go witha Yuasa.
Big Crank battery from Battery Mart. To your door within days, no sales tax. Rumor has it it's a Deka. I have used them with good results. I'm not "sold" on the lithium batteries yet. Right now I couldn't take my Road King on the airplane, if so equipped.

Last edited by checkers; 09-18-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:09 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
========================

Not true about Deka batteries having issues from my experience with them.

I have installed Deka maint free fact activated agm batteries in quite a few bikes i wrench on the side for other people over many yr's and have not had issue & or comeback with any of them.

I have used the same deka batteries in my own bikes over the yrs with great results too.

But just for ha ha's when i needed a battery for my HD i went for Yuasa's replacement for Deka's ETX30L with 400cca's which is Yuasa's GYZ32HL w-500cc's for only $132 including to my door.

But if you want a good price on Deka's ETX30L ($97.99 to your door!) OR YUASA'S GYZ32HL TO YOUR DOOR FOR $132 go to LINKS BELOW.

http://www.techbatterysolutions.com/...?Search=ETX30L

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...arch.y=12&mfg=

Scott

Last edited by wscott; 09-18-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2016, 08:22 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
========================

Not true about Deka batteries having issues from my experience with them.

I have installed Deka maint free fact activated agm batteries in quite a few bikes i wrench on the side for other people over many yr's and have not had issue & or comeback with any of them.

I have used the same deka batteries in my own bikes over the yrs with great results too.

But just for ha ha's when i needed a battery for my HD i went for Yuasa's replacement for Deka's ETX30L with 400cca's which is Yuasa's GYZ32HL w-500cc's for only $132 including to my door.

But if you want a good price on Deka's ETX30L ($97.99 to your door!) OR YUASA'S GYZ32HL TO YOUR DOOR FOR $132 go to LINKS BELOW.

http://www.techbatterysolutions.com/...?Search=ETX30L

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...arch.y=12&mfg=

Scott

Old 09-18-2016, 08:25 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Big Crank battery from Battery Mart. To your door within days, no sales tax. Rumor has it it's a Deka. I have used them with good results. I'm not "sold" on the lithium batteries yet. Right now I couldn't take my Road King on the airplane, if so equipped.
====================

IT'S not rumor,Deka does in fact mfg their ETX30L maint free fact activated 400cc AGM battery under BIG-CRANK label along with under other names too like for example:

* AUTOZONE
* PEP-BOYS
* NAPA LEGEND (FOR MOTORCYCLES)(EXCIDE MFG'S NAPA LEGEND BATTERIES FOR CARS & TRUCKS)
* EXTREME MEGA POWER
* FEDERAL AUTO PARTS POWER SPORTS PROFESSIONAL SERIES BATTERY

Scott

Old 09-18-2016, 08:30 PM
rlmharley
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Big Crank from Battery Mart same as OEM but better.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:33 PM
KY HDRider
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I recently bought the Yuasa GYZ32HL AGM battery. It cranked my 2012 Limited easier than any battery I ever tried. It is a 500 CCA battery, and I could tell it was far superior to the Harley battery it replaced.

Quick Reply: Batteries