Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Charging System

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 05:08 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

What I don't understand is the apparent stigma the OP is attaching to cleaning and sealing a leaking rubber plug.
Mine is leaking as well but the charging system is working flawlessly. Why would I want to spend money, several hundred dollars, not to mention the time and effort to replace perfectly functioning parts? If something were giving an indication of failing, noisey compensator, low voltages, etc the that would be another issue all together but perfectly functioning parts because of an easily sealed leak in an unnoticeable location. No, I don't see any logic there.

I know, I know, his bike, his money, his time, etc but I'd rather put that money in a savings account and have it for when something actually fails. If my father taught me nothing else I learned early on "if it aint broke, don't fix it".

OP, even if I don't understand I wish you luck.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:31 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

ce reg/stator 247$ to my door looking around online last winter. Came with the lifetime paperwork. (save your old one that still works in case you have to send it back one day.

as mentioned: pay attention to rotor style.

oil cooler warning: might just be a disclaimer,i ignored that.

It was a great Valentines gift for my bike