Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lighting an Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 10:41 AM
dDavid
Tourer
Received 104 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Lighting an Electra Glide

I have a ‘18 Limited and I want to improve the lighting mostly for safety. I have a BAL-1 taillight that gets attention, but I’d like to brighten it up in the back. I’ve been warming up to sticking on H-D saddlebag lights to widen my footprint a bit. I like the filler lights that go between the bike and saddlebag, but I think they are less useful becaus the viewing axis is much narrower. I don’t want a Christmas tree back there, so it’s one or the other.

On the front, I think adding Custom Dynamics Rings for the turn signals should add a little extra visibility when I ride. I already ride with my passing lamps and my high beams on.

What are you guys using or what are some cool options I’m not considering?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:49 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

I added the saddlebag lights, the HD brake, and fender tip light.

The following users liked this post:
dDavid (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 11:05 AM
Rob175
Road Warrior
Received 639 Likes on 390 Posts

I too have the HD Saddle Bag lights and I really like them. Very easy to install and very bright. I bought them instead of the HD "filler lights" because if you install the "filler lights" you cannot install the wrap around saddle bag trim rails....and I wanted to install the saddle bag trim rails. I also replaced the stock brake light with the HD LED brake light and I'm very happy with that too.
(btw....the saddle bag lights also function as running and turn signals too, but I assume you know that)

dDavid (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

I just did the HD Laydown LED tail light/brake light and LED rear fender tip that is running/brake also. I was considering HD keystone fillers for the rear too but I think it's too much bling back there. The HD brand LED's match all the other LED's too which I like. In the front I did the Custom Dynamics Ringz with clear lenses and a clear front fender tip with white LED's. The Ringz and fender tip are very bright so even without the passing lights on, it's pretty hard to miss.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-13-2018 at 11:39 AM.
dDavid (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 11:43 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by '14 Limited
I just did the HD Laydown LED tail light/brake light and LED rear fender tip that is running/brake also. I was considering HD keystone fillers for the rear too but I think it's too much bling back there. The HD brand LED's match all the other LED's too which I like. In the front I did the Custom Dynamics Ringz with clear lenses and a clear front fender tip with white LED's. The Ringz and fender tip are very bright so even without the passing lights on, it's pretty hard to miss.
Me too, except smoke lens.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 378 Likes on 228 Posts

I had a set of these on my 2011 RGU. They were great. Momma says I can spend as much as I want to on safety related things for the bike!

Seriously considering adding them to the new CVO.

https://www.customdynamics.com/dual-...a-rods?cat=114

dDavid (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 12:43 PM
dDavid
Tourer

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
I added the saddlebag lights, the HD brake, and fender tip light.
That looks great! I have the flashing BAL1 brake light, so I was wondering how it would look adding solid saddlebag lights. I guess if it bothers me I could add a Custom Dynamics flashing module.

You have the smoked lens on the ringz in the front, how does that work with the clear headlight and passing lamps?

I really like the painted filler strips on your bike! It gives it a nice finished look.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:15 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by dDavid
That looks great! I have the flashing BAL1 brake light, so I was wondering how it would look adding solid saddlebag lights. I guess if it bothers me I could add a Custom Dynamics flashing module.

You have the smoked lens on the ringz in the front, how does that work with the clear headlight and passing lamps?

I really like the painted filler strips on your bike! It gives it a nice finished look.
Well, my bike is grey, so I went with gray/smoked, that match the rear set-up.

dDavid (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 01:45 PM
dDavid
Tourer

Wow! That looks really nice.

hbsoldier3 (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 01:49 PM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Well, my bike is grey, so I went with gray/smoked, that match the rear set-up.

You and I talked about that with mine too. Smoked would have looked good too with mine being Charcoal Pearl/Black but I ended up flipping a coin on it; I sort of like the red contrast, plus all of the lenses being clear in front. Wasn't going to change the headlight and passing lights.

Last edited by RG Pilot; 02-13-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Lighting an Electra Glide