Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys everywhere.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM
not a sock
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 983 Likes on 551 Posts
Default Harleys everywhere.......

........but the best one was a guy on a Sport bike.
Heading down to mom's this morn to visit my little sis' who is in from Alaska.
I was bopping along on the SGS and kept meeting all these Harley's going toward the mountains.
Cool, I thought.

All of a sudden, here was this guy ; leveled out on a Sport bike, he had to be doing better than 100 mph!!!
I had just met a Deputy going the same direction. As fast as this guy was going, he would catch the Deputy in a few minutes.
Another couple miles further on, I meet a State Trooper, leveled out as well, in a Suburban; woefully behind.

Sure hope "Mr. Crotch Rocket" got away.......................

Old 05-23-2018, 08:55 PM
Joe from So Cal
Tourer
Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

When I was a youngster I had bikes that were kind of fast. Enjoyed them.

My 2016 bone stock RG has plenty of power, for me anyway.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:50 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,138 Likes on 5,590 Posts

Back in my teenage, dirt bike years my friends and I used to make a game of running from the cops. I lived in W. Va. so when the cops would chase we would just run off the pavement and dart up a dirt road somewhere and literally leave them in our dust.
I did have a buddy get caught one time because he wiped out. He came up a hill with a slight curve to the right and when he crested the hill he caught some air and lost it when he landed. Bike slid off the road into the creek. He landed on the side of the road. Cops loaded his *** in the cruiser and had his bike impounded.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:13 AM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

Back in the early 1970s at about $800.oo OTD, we bought a Yamaha 2 stroke 2 cylinder street Bike.
Took off everything not needed for the street, put on expansion chamber, opened up the air box, did
some porting to cylinders. There were a few people making special racing heads, 2 strokes were big
in 205 cc, and 350cc. racing back in the day. You could have a vary fast street Bik back then.

John

Old 05-24-2018, 09:16 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,656 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba Zanetti
Back in my teenage, dirt bike years my friends and I used to make a game of running from the cops. I lived in W. Va. so when the cops would chase we would just run off the pavement and dart up a dirt road somewhere and literally leave them in our dust.
I did have a buddy get caught one time because he wiped out. He came up a hill with a slight curve to the right and when he crested the hill he caught some air and lost it when he landed. Bike slid off the road into the creek. He landed on the side of the road. Cops loaded his *** in the cruiser and had his bike impounded.
I have seen so many off road bikes and ATV'S riding in WV I figured it was legal?

Old 05-24-2018, 10:57 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,138 Likes on 5,590 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme
I have seen so many off road bikes and ATV'S riding in WV I figured it was legal?
It is now, but back in the 80s it wasn't. Cops would chase you if they saw you. rarely were they able to catch anyone though.