Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel conversion issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2018, 05:18 PM
Michael Watson
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel conversion issue

I upgraded my 2017 ultra with 21” front and 18” rear. I installed a legends suspension for 21” on front and did rear shocks 1” taller to get the ride height better. I have decided I want to go back to stock wheels and wanted to know if I will have any issues being I have done so much.

Old 12-17-2018, 07:05 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Simply put everything back to stock?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:39 AM
Michael Watson
3rd Gear

The dealer didnt give me back my stock suspension when they did the upgrade and I overlooked that detail. I guess I will have to have it out with them as have had an issue with this setup from day one. Thousands wasted because of poor delearship advise.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:18 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Watson
I upgraded my 2017 ultra with 21” front and 18” rear. I installed a legends suspension for 21” on front and did rear shocks 1” taller to get the ride height better. I have decided I want to go back to stock wheels and wanted to know if I will have any issues being I have done so much.
No.... None what so ever. Simply put the stock wheels and tires on and don't touch the suspension. Replacing the suspension upgrades you currently have with the GARBAGE factory crap would be a catastrophic fail. Install the wheels and tires, and enjoy.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:21 AM
Michael Watson
3rd Gear

I was able to talk to the suspension company and all I need to do is take the travel limiter off the front suspension and put stock seat back in tube and can retain the awesone suspension.

Old 12-18-2018, 07:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

I was able to talk to the suspension company and all I need to do is take the travel limiter off the front suspension and put stock seat back in tube and can retain the awesone suspension.
That sounds much better!

Old 12-18-2018, 07:54 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 624 Likes on 453 Posts

The dealer didnt give me back my stock suspension when they did the upgrade and I overlooked that detail. I guess I will have to have it out with them as have had an issue with this setup from day one. Thousands wasted because of poor delearship advise.
If the dealer had warned that you wouldn't like it, or specifically described the "new" handling characteristics, would you have said "OK, I'll leave it as is", or would you have said "I want the new setup anyway"? Where is the DUE DILIGENCE on your part? Also, keeping the old parts vs leaving them at the dealer should have been thought about and AGREED upon before signing the work order. There is PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY involved here that your word choice suggests you are denying. Buyer Beware. Was any of this stuff sold to you with false claims? Will "THE SELLER MADE ME DO IT" become the new whine in America?

Last edited by btsom; 12-18-2018 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Michael Watson
3rd Gear

There was an understanding that I would be keeping my stuff just that part was an oversight on my part to make sure they gave me all pieces. As far as the wheel install thats a special order item and was told wouldnt have any handling problems like high speed wobble which I did have. I wanted to keep them on and just deal with the wobble issue but my back wheel has deteriated. All the chrome has peeled off and should be covered by a warranty but I am done dealing with these wheels and just go back to stock. Responsibility on whatever part you are talking about is irrelevent and these issues are common when you customize and I choose not to deal with the custom issue no more.