Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro Action Vs Legend Shocks

Old 03-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by pomeara
What do Pro-Actions cost?
Easy to find out: http://www.dkcustomproducts.com/rear...s-c651-169.htm

Old 03-14-2019, 10:53 PM
ATRannals
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After reading reviews and threads all day, I just placed an order for the Pro-Action shocks with DK Customs.

Ive been happy with their Outlaw breather on my RK. These shocks are for my CVO Limited and we’ll see how much the wife notices the difference. I’ll be sure to provide a review after a few hundred miles.

Alan

The following users liked this post:
sjnjr (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 11:04 PM
sjnjr
Novice

I think I might do the same thing. Seriously thinking about Pro Action for the rear and Legend Axeo in the front as PA doesn't offer a cartridge kit.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:35 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by ATRannals
After reading reviews and threads all day, I just placed an order for the Pro-Action shocks with DK Customs.

Ive been happy with their Outlaw breather on my RK. These shocks are for my CVO Limited and we’ll see how much the wife notices the difference. I’ll be sure to provide a review after a few hundred miles.

Alan
Just curious, why use a middleman when you can buy direct from George at Pro-Action?

Old 03-15-2019, 09:25 AM
Steve N,
Road Captain
Received 209 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Just curious, why use a middleman when you can buy direct from George at Pro-Action?
If you check the features and specs at the Pro-Action site and the DK Customs site, you'll see that they are similar except that DK clearly states that they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty". I've also read somewhere where DK stated that if you buy from us, you'll get a lifetime warranty. The only thing I could fine on the PA site was a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. However, with that said, George is obviously a stand-up guy, and I have no doubt that he would back his product. All it would take is a phone call to determine his policy on warranty.

My reason: When I decided to go PA on the shocks, I wasn't sure who I should order through... both PA and DK have outstanding reputations for customer service. I had a couple of Qs before placing my order on a Friday. DK was open, PA wasn't.

Last edited by Steve N,; 03-15-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:21 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve N,
If you check the features and specs at the Pro-Action site and the DK Customs site, you'll see that they are similar except that DK clearly states that they have a "Limited Lifetime Warranty". I've also read somewhere where DK stated that if you buy from us, you'll get a lifetime warranty. The only thing I could fine on the PA site was a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. However, with that said, George is obviously a stand-up guy, and I have no doubt that he would back his product. All it would take is a phone call to determine his policy on warranty.

My reason: When I decided to go PA on the shocks, I wasn't sure who I should order through... both PA and DK have outstanding reputations for customer service. I had a couple of Qs before placing my order on a Friday. DK was open, PA wasn't.
Makes perfect sense, thank you.

Old 03-15-2019, 02:52 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

I've put a couple thousand miles or so on my Pro Action shocks and couldn't be happier. I purchased mine from DK.

Old 03-15-2019, 06:08 PM
Baja38ss
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm jumping on band wagon for pro action. Have had them on my old bike and now my 17 and wouldn't swap them out for anything else. If money is tight I saw them on amazon which has interest free option to pay.

Old 03-15-2019, 08:35 PM
ATRannals
Novice

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
Honestly, I’ve been happy with my DK air cleaner on my RK. I’ve seen tons of posts from DK on the forums, to include a ton of information on the PA shocks. I figured by ordering them through RK, I would be supporting BOTH companies and be able to leverage both sources for any support in the future.

Alan

Old 03-15-2019, 08:40 PM
kel03
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,044 Likes on 4,356 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve N,

Pro Action is down in Daytona, I'm sure someone would have got back to you. Got the product you wanted, all good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pro Action Vs Legend Shocks