Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which tpms would you buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 10:02 PM
wgeeman
Club Member
Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

TireGard, they make a version with handle bar mount too. Just screws on the stem, no balance issues I've ever seen, love knowing tire presure as soon as I move the bike, motion sensing.

Amazon Amazon

Old 04-03-2019, 11:04 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,272 Likes on 11,143 Posts

I have FOBO, and am happy with it. I did pay $80 to have metal stems installed. It’s nice to be able to quickly check tire pr sure before each ride without having to roll to around to find the stem, and remove a saddlecbad.

The following users liked this post:
16Slim (04-04-2019)
Old 04-03-2019, 11:04 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

Be very careful and follow the recommendations with the screw on type like fobo. I put them on rubber stems and the stems blew out on the side. Make sure you use metal stems!

I like the in tire design and I absolutely agree that they should be standard on all our bikes. If they passed a law in 2007 for all vehicles to come with them, then why don’t we have them? Seems like a no brainer. I liked the fobos when I had them. Quick glance at my phone and I knew my tires were good to go. I’m pretty good at the kick test but it’s only telling me it’s not flat. Low tires are the most dangerous.

Old 04-03-2019, 11:14 PM
toddskill
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by RK_Classic
Dan, I'm not 64 but 56, and yes having a loaded bike sucks crawling around on the ground sucks, I have had tires go down in a parking lot and also running down the road with my wife on the bike as mentioned, I like technology, but I don't think this gadget will help any from a flat or blow out, guess I went on a rant that did not set well with others, moving on with my tire gauge in my bags.

rk classic.
In the event of a blow out no, nothing will help. This device is more for running down the road and pickup a screw or something, you can be alerted to the leak before the tire goes all the way flat.

16Slim (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 05:11 AM
Jaftica
Road Captain
Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Reading through this thread the term "RUBY" came to mind. :-)

Old 04-04-2019, 06:20 AM
TriDan
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaftica
Reading through this thread the term "RUBY" came to mind. :-)
Did she take her love to town with low tire pressure?

Jaftica (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 12:08 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

I put the FOBO system on when I installed new tires, so I put on the metal T stems. Overall I'm happy with the system. No problems so far with leaks, but I also put in Ride On.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 PM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,005 Likes on 497 Posts

Very happy with my FOBO setup. Like others said, metal stems are a must. I don't monitor it while riding, if a tire blows I'll be the first to know it monitor or not. I'm way too lazy to crawl my fat azz around on the ground to check tire pressure. Being able to look at it on the phone is easy, I check every day before I ride and usually at a fuel stop if I'm on a long ride. Before I had the system the only time I checked pressure was when bike was on the lift for cleaning or maintenance. Adding air is much easier with T stem and short hose extension I keep in my bag. Still not fun, but easier at least.

Last edited by Roadie13; 04-04-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:58 PM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,652 Likes on 3,221 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
I got this one and love it......HATE the cap models.

http://www.rrrtoolsolutions.com/arti...onitor-system/

Thanks for the link. Do you have any pics showing how you mounted the display?

Old 04-04-2019, 02:19 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheelwanderer
I thought this was a gadget until I got a bike that came with it. Great peace of mind and convenience when touring to toggle through and see what your tires are at. These links ought to get ya started

But, for the love of God, any bike north of a $13000 MSRP ought to be coming with this standard now. ESPECIALLY any HD that says Ultra on it. It is purely obscene the things we let them get away with not putting on these bikes. My 15 year old Buick even has a primitive TPMS. Any we make fun of them just getting into water cooling. This tech has been standard on medium range touring bikes for 10 years on bikes costing 1/3 as much.

Sorry I don't have more to offer OP, but this just pisses me off the thigs HD shoves out the door at the prices they do and things like this aren't even standard. Best of luck with your search
I totally see your point. However, seems that there are some people on this thread that don't want it. HD makes it standard and then the people that don't want it get pissed off. Dam if you dam if you don't sort of thing.

I think HD is in a tough spot with all of this tech stuff. This is just how I see it. HD wants to stay true to what's made them what they are. Simple, reliable bike. The average guy can work on my bike, I do anyway. Air cooled, simple engine. Stuff like this. Hell I can take my bike apart with 5-8 tools.
Most other bikes in its class have all this tech built into them. Auto adjusting suspension, air pressure sensing, etc. So what does HD do?? Stick with what got them here or adapt? I don't have the answer.
I like that I can work on 99% of my bike, simple. My wife's CTS, there is no dam way I could, or would, tear into that. Hell you have to pull the cover off underneath the car to change the oil.

Not just talking about the pressure sensing here, but all that tech stuff is great until problems start.

Quick Reply: which tpms would you buy