Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 02:08 PM
cam2zap
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel

2008 105 Annv. ultra classic.. Low fuel light turns on and fuel gauge goes to full. Fuel tank is about 3/4 full. Has anyone have or had is problem before. I'm hoping is something I can take care of before I takin it to the Harley shop. HELP Thanks....

Old 06-22-2019, 08:41 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,869 Likes on 4,114 Posts

You started the same thread at 11:35 today. Why duplicate it?

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...9403-fuel.html

Old 03-20-2022, 12:13 AM
Makoo
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I had and idea I would probably f something up in the process...I did. I had the backfiring, sputtering, sluggish & shutting off issue on this 08 EG/UC. I tried seafoam, high octane, octane booster & even replacing the new NGK plugs. Ok, dove into the tank with two left feet & a fist full of YouTube. After ordering a pump, regulator, gasket & filter because I was only going in there once (so I thought). clumps of liner I scooped out, the very little fuel that was still left was brown & most likely from the rust. Replaced parts in tank with the ones I got. Scratched my both heads assuming I knew where each hose went...I assume(d) I got it correct but its an ASSumption. I never removed nor purged the tank. I did use compressed air to blow what I could out. Filtered the good gas back into the tank. It ran for about a minute worst than in the past & then it shut down...can't get it started. - I've been away for over 24 hours because of work, I'm most likely going to siphon out the fuel & try to purge the pump, remove that main fuse (this time) & go at it. I need help in ID'ing what hose coming from where connects to where? I had a service manual on my small phone but if someone can use some crayons & lay (point) it out for me I would truly appreciate it. I don't have very many Band-Aids do please be nice if you want. Right now the only wheels going round & round are yours & the school buses...help!

Old 03-20-2022, 09:08 AM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,380 Likes on 1,927 Posts

First off Welcome to the Forum from Utah.

Second the Thread you just posted to is almost 3 years old.

If you want to do your own work it's a lot easier with the HD Service manual.

Last edited by Vernal; 03-20-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-20-2022, 02:35 PM
Makoo
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vernal
First off Welcome to the Forum from Utah.

Second the Thread you just posted to is almost 3 years old.

If you want to do your own work it's a lot easier with the HD Service manual.

I appreciate it. I have it printed but I couldn't find it nor my file link. Been working so much it has me batty but when I get off this 48 hour shift hopefully I can check other devices for. I'm gonna run with what you posted for now.

The following users liked this post:
Vernal (03-20-2022)