Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Electra Glide Standard solo seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 07:13 AM
Skayy
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New Electra Glide Standard solo seat

I have looked at the single (stock) seat of the new Electra Glide Standard.

It looks like the HD Low Profile Solo seat but completely in vinyl smooth and not like the accessory seat 52000249 with the laterally coarsely structured deposits.

Does one of you know if the seat is actually the same as the Low Profile Solo Seat, only with completely smooth vinyl or if there are other differences to the accessory seats? Then the seat would be ideal for me for the RK Classic with sofftbags.

Thank you, Kai

Old 08-01-2019, 12:25 AM
grinner
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

I am very close to knowing this answer with more certainty. Here’s what I know. I just bought an EG standard. I specified that the passenger seat be added, and the dealer added the one with the textured panels. It is a perfect fit for the stock seat, however it doesn’t match the stock seat’s design. There doesn’t seem to be a passenger seat that is both low profile and without the textured panels. The dealer is swapping out my stock seat for the accessory seat you mentioned at no cost to me.

The dealer claims these are the same seats and only differ in the texturing. However I have a feeling the accessory seat may have some slight variations other than aesthetics. They are interchangeable, however.

I know this doesn’t quite answer your question. The seats are interchangeable, but there may be some slight differences other than an aesthetics. I’m not sure even after I have the accessory seat installed, that I will know for sure if the seats are truly identical or not. Hope this helps to some extent.

Old 08-01-2019, 05:14 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 215 Posts

I gave the EGS Seat a hard look when I was recently shopping for a solo seat. I sat on one at the dealership, and compared to the low pro seat I bought, It felt different, to me the low pro seat feel firmer. (May be the cover, can’t be sure)

I will say, after buying the low pro seat, I was a little disappointed with it until it broke in. Now I am very happy with it, so much so, that I sold my mustang seat, and just yesterday got the passenger pillion.

Last edited by steelerdude1; 08-01-2019 at 05:15 AM.