Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHTC No Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 02:28 PM
pjfabrizi
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLHTC No Start

Hello, I am new to this forum. I am looking for some help.
I have 99 FLHTC with 117,000 on it and it has been running fine and then 1 day it just would not start and so I did a bunch of test.
1,. checked the coils and I did not appear to be continuity, so replaced it, I am getting continuity at the leads, at the primary and secondary and at the plug wire.
2. changed the plugs because they were very old
3. put a spark test and no spark, I tried it on my weed trimmer and the tester is okay.
4. I pulled the CPS and test continuity but I was not sure if you can test that and I didn't know if that would cause no spark as it seems that comes from the coil and the battery.

I am not sure what else to check, is it the run switch? Is it the ignition? Not sure how to check either?

Yes, I need a new bike but this one was starting every day, lots of rattles but started.

If anyone can provide me any assistance, even if it is time for a shop to look at it, It would greatly appreciated.

Thank You!