Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Ape Hanger need help pls

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:42 AM
hdfat2001
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Ape Hanger need help pls

If they're the Cyclesmith's it's +8". I have em on my classic and the measurments from Cyclesmith's worked perfect.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put on some 14" Chubby's. I used +8 on everything. Contours the bars well, they dont just aim down towards the fender like some guys are running.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:56 AM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

ORIGINAL: hdfat2001

If they're the Cyclesmith's it's +8". I have em on my classic and the measurments from Cyclesmith's worked perfect.
Ding Ding Ding....we havea winner! Now that's goodadvice. I'm guessin ol' Spike prollylearn'd his lesson and should stick oil & tire pressure discussions.

HDFat...glad we could pop ur forum cherry on dis thread. Welcome 2 da jungle, baby~

Old 09-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, you can try and rattle me all you want. You ain't nothing but a fly spec. My advice was good, I don't see how you can say getting accurate measurements before hand as "Bad advice" You have your way, and I have mine. Mine was born out of trial and error and from having to help others fix their errors, I am only trying to be a help. While you just seem to want to start an argument. Well, go argue with you self, you may even win

Old 09-27-2007, 03:53 PM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ape hangers...? I have to admit to just not getting it.

Old 09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
G$
Road Captain
Location: LexVegas, KY...home of fast wimmen & beautiful horses

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

Nope, you can try and rattle me all you want. You ain't nothing but a fly spec.
Tsk Tsk Tsk....name calling? Umm OK, I'll lower myself 2 ur level (just dis time). Ur just a post-*****....w/out apes....who got put in ur place in a thread u don't belong. Might wanna think twice next time u pop off.

Ya see, I never said mine was the only way. U did...then waffled. That makes u a hypocrite.Sometimes the truth leaves a bitter taste....especially when its force-fed.

BTW, what kinda oil u running? What PSI u recommend for da front? Rear? Where in da world is da canooder valve?

Old 09-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't say my way was the only way. I said the only way to have it look good was to measure everything to get good results. Then you called that bad advice. You don't have to have apes in order to help out with making things look right. You started with the attitude, not me. If I offended you by insinuating that you are insignificant to me, I apologize. Just because we have different ways of getting the same results, doesn't make one way better than the other.

Kind of oil = ****&Nanners
Your front/rear tire = 12psi in nitrogen(liquid form if available )
C-valve = next to the headlight bearings

Old 09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
dobber709
6th Gear

Alright now I placed this post to get help with my problem Thank You to the ones that gave information and links, Now to the ones that get on forums to just FLAME other peoples posts i dont need ya go FLAME on other peoples thread postings.[:@]

Ok now back to the topic:: the bars are from Cyclesmith we contacted them and they advised +8 would work. Now can i get some links to good places to order these cables and hose. And I know I saw a thread on how to remove the lock and part of the fairing to remove the handlbars but i cant find it if some sees it send me the link pls.

Ride with Pride
Blue Knights (Texas) Ch. XVII
Tommy

Old 09-27-2007, 09:30 PM
LeadDoggy
Cruiser

Installed 13" Cyclesmith's on my 98 Classic. Used 7+ for both throttle and clutch. Could of used 9+ for the clutch. As for brake lines, I used a kit for stock lower line that has the stock looking lower line setup "T" and used the 25" line uptop. If you want more infor on the brake lines, I'll look it up for you
As for wires, purchased 18" extension kit. $45 per side. They had the terminals on each end. More info, let me know on them also.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:24 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Chicago Spike

The only way to do this and have it look professional/stock is by doing a complete mock-up.
This entails removing all the controls from the stock bars and then mounting the new bars. Now mount all the controls and position the bars as are comfy for the rider. Now run wire(solid core is best as it doesn't bend easily) from the brake master cylinder to where it connects on the front end. Secure it with tape and then move the bars from lock left to lock right and see that there is no binding or pulling. Do this with the throttle cables and the clutch cable, make sure that nothing is binding or pulling when you turn the bars. Now take one wire off at a time and measure it twice. Then and ONLY then, you place the order
Remember, custom ordered cables/hoses are NOT returnable and too short will not work and too long will look very sloppy
Nothing wrong with your advice Spike,in fact I recommend it too.As an example when I changed to an aftermarket brake system I needed a 3" shorter front brake line.On one set of bars I had ,I ran the throttle and idle cables through the triple tree,that took cables 4" longer than the bar manufactuer suggested.On the clutch cable you have a couple of options on how you want to run it too.Doesn't hurt to mock it up first.Measure twice,buy once.

Quick Reply: New Ape Hanger need help pls