Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full time riders

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 07:31 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default full time riders

As I set here after blowing the snow and ice off the driveway again I was thinking when do you all do updates to your ride? I guess looking at the bike and dreaming of what I can do, when can I ride, just how lucky I am feeling would not be there if I rode all year long. am I looking for a small silvrer linning?

Old 12-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Storm_law
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: full time riders

Damm man I cannot come close to relating to being in snow and ice. Here in Southern California we ride all year around. When it gets in the 40's here we sh#t bricks!

I guess if I were in your shoes I would do upgrades during the winter.

Good luck.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 80 Posts

LK-If your looking for the bright side of living up north,let me help you. Alot of the south has a nasty summer with extreem heat/humidity[:'(],bugs the size of birds[:'(],storms that last a month,tornados,mod slides(sorry CA.)also, miss out on the 4 seasons spring,summer,fall,mods.

The winter does make me appreciate riding more especially on that 50 60 degree day injanuary when I go riding all day and dont want to stop.Some phsycological phenominuems occur like the way non-riders appriciate and admire your bike more cause they are little less common and more of a luxury especially way up north(chick factor). And dont forget quality time on the forum!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
monkish
Road Master

It does get cold in NC but I did just walk in the door from an afternoon ride that turned into meeting some friends for dinner. Got up to 78 degrees today, is still in the 60's now and will be like this again tomorrow. To answer your question, I work it in when I can and try to plan for cold days or weekdays.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:19 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Two bikes.

78 degrees today in sunny NC, I rode the red one

Old 12-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just ran my snow blower for the 3rd time since Saturday....got another 6 inches of snow today. My garage is a mess from all the crap dripping off the cars, and my 08 Ultra sits above it all in the corner of the garage up on the lift and covered. Dispite all that I love having a full 4 seasons, although by February you might see me dreaming about moving south.

I'm starting to accumulate a pile of stuff to install sometime over the next few months, but there is no hurry. Ridng season has a new beginning every spring. Everything is new again and the excitment to get out and ride is just like the first time....each and every spring. I don't think I could ride in 100+ temps, so if I lived down south I would probably be putting my bike in summer storage to avoid the heat. Wouldn't move for nothing...Wyoming is home....it just takes a good stock of tequila to get through the winters.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:40 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Texas summers are no picnic either. I could stand the heat a fewyears ago, but not now. When it starts pushing 100, I shut it down and wate for fall. Mightget in an early morning cruse, but that`s about it. But I still wouldn`t trade places with ya.**** Come to think of it,I don`t know how ya stand it up there.. SORRY.[:-]

Old 12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

no such thing as a bad ridin day here.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Had in rough in Ga today. 78 degrees, put on a wind breaker, just cause its December.

Hack

Old 12-11-2007, 09:24 PM
nomad billy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Lived in socal for 10 yrs couldnt realy afford a new motorcycle,and none of my ridin partners could either.So to make it short ,we wore them flat out.it makes it hard on ya when it just gets so tired u have take it down to the frame an start over an replace almost every moving part .luckily with old pans, shovels and knucks it was just time,and little money.winter on the other hand u have 3 or 4 months to make it right and dont feel bad u cant ride anyhow

Quick Reply: full time riders