Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultima air shocks impression

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 PM
harleykris
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima air shocks impression

[IMG][/IMG]
Hey folks, just put the 12" Ultima Chrome lowering shocks on my Electra Glide today and took her out for a long ride. I'll tell ya what, for $140.00 I don't think ya can go wrong. I don't know if I just got lucky and hit the mark on the air pressure, but I feel these ride better than the stock 13" shocks. I wasn't expecting the Ultimas to ride better, but maybe close to the same if not a little harsher than stock. I was pleasantly surprised! I started with 10 pounds, threw my air pump in the saddlebag and off I went. At first I thought it felt about the same as stock, but as I rode on and spent some time on some roads that I ride quite often, I felt that the ride is somewhat smoother than stock, never bottomed out, or felt harsh. Now, I tend to travel light most of the time and I weigh in at 185 pounds and never ride with a passenger, so I can't comment on what different loads might do to affect the ride quality, but for me they fit the bill just fine. I never felt the need to mess with the air pressure, but I used to run between 4 to 8 pounds in my 13's, so I kind of went from there. They arrived nicely packaged, have a nice chrome finish (an unnecessary touch, but looks really cool when your saddlebags are off)! Build quality appears to be top notch as well, but I've never built a shock before, so don't shoot me down if I'm wrong! I give these shocks five 's!
Hope these pics work, I'm not having much luck in upload/download area of my computing skills today. Hope your all havin a great weekend!
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Jumpman
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: Ultima air shocks impression

OOOHHH....

and they are shiney. I like shiney things.

I was going to grab some last week - but they were on backorder from the distributor. How much difference did the inch make @ stoplights and when backing the bike up?

Old 03-30-2008, 06:59 AM
harleykris
Tourer
Default RE: Ultima air shocks impression

Well, it's a little hard to say as the bike was already lowered with a lowering kit(which was removed). So I didn't change the height. The extra inch let's me have both feet planted flat on the ground when stopped and the bike is easier to move around(especially backing up). It took over two weeks before mine came in.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:22 PM
tomostinson
3rd Gear

just installed a set on my 05 eg started at 8 lb .ride acceptable . rides very simular to my bros streetglide. seems a real deal at 140.00 ( e bay ) price included shipping. ride safe

Old 04-01-2015, 10:53 AM
hdpartsdude
Stage III

Are you guys still happy with your Ultima 12" Chrome touring shocks?

Old 04-01-2015, 11:54 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

Just for the record, progressive makes replacement air shocks as well. A little more money, but light years better than stock and you still get the convenience of ease of adjustability. No where near as good as custom shocks, but if your constantly changing loads, they are another option, as well.