Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo option for your detachable fairing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stereo option for your detachable fairing

I'm going to buy a stereo-ready Dead Center Cycles fairing for my Road King this summer. I've been researching stereo systems to insall because there are better systems than what DCC offers. I came across this Alpine and thought I'd share with those looking for a good system. The radio is the iDA-X100M. It's a marine-grade radio. I've chosen it because of how it interfaces with iPods. You can view song information on the radio face just like you would on the iPod itself. Also, it's bluetooth capable for receiving calls while cruising on those long trips.

Alpine sells 6.5" speakers which are also marine-grade. I'll buy those as wells. I did meet a guy at the dealership today who installed 6x9s into his DCC fairing. I don't remember the brand but they were LOUD. I heard his music rolling down the street before I heard his pipes.

I haven't pulled the trigger on a purchase yet so if anyone has found a stereo comparable to the iDA-X100M I'd appreciate you sharing it.

Ciao

Old 05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
1ADAM12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stereo option for your detachable fairing

I just got my drangonfly with the 6x9 sounds great it has a kenwwod deck in it the cd skips a little bit it has a usb port on the front of the face so i either hook the ipod or i got a flash drive and downloaded a couple hundred songs work great i will get a couple of pics soon.later