Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 07:29 AM
parrothead306
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals

Ok I have been having some heat issues with my 2002 ultra. Thanks to everyone who replied to my other threads. I have put vents in the lowers, changed to amsiol and took it to the dealer to get dyno tuned. Should pick it up later today. New question. I have been looking at true duals and am a little confused. As far as I could tell if I put true duals On I will need to ditch my power commander and get a tmax fuel pack(or what ever it is called can't recall of the top of my head right now) The one with the o2 sensors. Right now i can't afford to do both. Is that right. Can I just put true dualls on with my current power commander IIIr and not change to the other fuel management system? If I get the bike back and the dyno doesnt help with the heat will the true duals even make a difference. Thanks all. I am gonna have to work on a sig but I have to finnish painting the saddlebags and tour pack before I take pics

Old 05-31-2008, 08:26 AM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: True Duals

no the power commander is fine. but you should have waited to get it dynoed. If you boughi the PC from Fuelmoto just drop jamie a email. if you didnt, look on the powercommander web site there should be a map for true duals

Old 05-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

PCIII's work fine with true duals. If you ride in the Southeast (or similar climate), true duals dissipate the heat from the right side by getting rid of the rear cylinder crossover pipe which reduced the worst part of the heat I was experiencing in stop and go traffic in Metro Atlanta.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:23 AM
RoadKingKohn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: parrothead306

Ok I have been having some heat issues with my 2002 ultra. Thanks to everyone who replied to my other threads. I have put vents in the lowers, changed to amsiol and took it to the dealer to get dyno tuned. Should pick it up later today. New question. I have been looking at true duals and am a little confused. As far as I could tell if I put true duals On I will need to ditch my power commander and get a tmax fuel pack(or what ever it is called can't recall of the top of my head right now) The one with the o2 sensors. Right now i can't afford to do both. Is that right. Can I just put true dualls on with my current power commander IIIr and not change to the other fuel management system? If I get the bike back and the dyno doesnt help with the heat will the true duals even make a difference. Thanks all. I am gonna have to work on a sig but I have to finnish painting the saddlebags and tour pack before I take pics
True Duals lower your lower RPM torque but improve your high end HP. Torque is more important.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:48 PM
parrothead306
Cruiser

how much of a torgue hit will i take. I Picked it up today and took it for an hour ride. It was the warmest day of the year so far here and it was tolerable but it still wasn't over 80 degrees. I can always download the map and put it back on if I don't like the true dual headers. How much of a heat reduction will I get though. My power commander is an older IIIr so I can't do individual cylinders. I could upgrade to a newer one but I really need to wait a few months before spending anymore than I have spent already. Any suggestions would be great
thanks

Old 05-31-2008, 07:06 PM
RoadKingKohn
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: parrothead306

how much of a torgue hit will i take. I Picked it up today and took it for an hour ride. It was the warmest day of the year so far here and it was tolerable but it still wasn't over 80 degrees. I can always download the map and put it back on if I don't like the true dual headers. How much of a heat reduction will I get though. My power commander is an older IIIr so I can't do individual cylinders. I could upgrade to a newer one but I really need to wait a few months before spending anymore than I have spent already. Any suggestions would be great
thanks
I have hear from 5 to 8 Ft Lbs.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:19 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had Rinehart TD's on my '06 Streeter almost since it was new. I've done some internal mods now but here's what I found before doing them:
I suffered no loss of torque due to the td's - to the contrary, there was ahuge GAIN in torque over the stock setup. You will probably wish you installed them before the dyno tune 'cause you'll have to retune for the new exhaust. No way around it. The PCIII will make gobs of power with the right map and if you custom tune you'll have mileage to boot. Just installed a Big Sucker, V&H Dualsw/fishies,and a PCIII to my wife's '07 Heritage.It now makes waymore power (read TORQUE here) over stock and runs up to 90+ in the blink of aneye.Suffered a loss of mileage but I'll get that back with some fine dyno tuning. Heat issues are non existent now.
You're on the right track - GO FOR IT and have some fun.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:01 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been running RTD's and PCIII USB for over a year, and other than having some issues with the PCIII (which now appears to be solved), I've had no problem running the RTD's. Love the sound, and quality is good.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:55 AM
parrothead306
Cruiser

thanks everyone for the input. I will know more later today going to take it for a cruise after my kids go to thier mother's.[sm=badbadbad.gif] <--that's her there. I am going to take a little ride to the blue ridge parkway with my family next wednesday. I will be able to tell if it helps then. I know I should have waited to get it dynoed and probablly would have if it wasn't for the fact I was getting 30 mpg on a stock bike. Plus I had the mention of possible damage to it on other posts and I didn't want any of that. I think a power commander upgrade might be in order in the near future mne being the old IIIr. I know me though and I will probablly end up going with the true duals. Then there are just a few other upgrades to go do. GPS mount. new stereo, detachable tour pack, chrome goodies, ect ect ect. OK my name is jon and i'm a modaholic

Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 AM
PSO169
Road Master

I added the V&H dresser duals about a month ago and really noticed a drop in the Heat on the right side. The heat on my bike was one of thing I really wanted to get rid of. I like the new sound that my bike . I am running it with only the S/E stage 1 upgrade. I have a little bit of decel pop but I can live with that. The shop that put on my duals said that V&H Fuel Pack would work great. The next person I talked to said that the Power Commander would work better. I am still not sure which fuel management system to go with.

Jeff

Quick Reply: True Duals