Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Roadtech ZUMO

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 08:42 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it seems to good to be true, it usually is. Those sub-$550 prices are probably getting below the actual dealer cost. Gee, how do they sell them so cheap? Somebodies losing money. Sometimes its the business, sometimes its the buyer. The Zumo mount fits on any motorcycle handlebar with a couple of inches of room to clamp down. I attached one to a Road King. The HD mount looks a little different than the standard one which works fine. I'd buy the regular Garmin version.

Old 08-08-2008, 11:32 AM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

I've just been looking at H-D's site about the "Road Tech" Zumo and I'm not sure why anyone would ever buy it. They remove standard equipment that comes with the Garmin 550 and charge you $200 for it and it doesn't even fit all motorcycles which the standard mount does. WTF??? Even though I was an idiot and bought the 450 instead as I don't care about XM, traffic, or bluetooth and had to buy the car mount separately, the additional car mount and home charger were way less money and still less than buying the 550. I think the only people that will buy the Road Tech versions are either negotiating a deal while making a bike purchase or just simply not paying attention.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
http://*******.com/6clhnr

I wonder how they suggest to install it on an Ultra?
Here is a way to mount it on an Ultra

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...04#post2801104

Old 08-11-2008, 07:08 AM
imgrumpy
1st Gear

I purchased the Zumo 450 from Amazon for $350. It is brand new not reconditioned and needed nothing extra to buy. I used the supplied Ram mounts and power cord. It works great.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Haymaker Harley
Stage I
Thumbs up Zumo

On the Ultra, HD just came our with the faring mount last week for the Garmin Zumo. My 2004 Ultra is in the shop right now having one mounted.
With 20%/20% at my local dealer, price is sweet as anything on the web, and yes, logo, loaded with HD dealerships, etc. Come on touring season!

Old 02-06-2009, 09:35 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Haymaker Harley
On the Ultra, HD just came our with the faring mount last week for the Garmin Zumo. My 2004 Ultra is in the shop right now having one mounted.
With 20%/20% at my local dealer, price is sweet as anything on the web, and yes, logo, loaded with HD dealerships, etc. Come on touring season!
Please clarify. Are you getting the HD Roadtech Zumo or just the new fairing mount?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:13 AM
bosco 09
Tourer

HD just released a new mount for the Zumo/Roadtech it's fairing mounted above the fuel gauge. i saw the pic in the new products catalog at the HD dealer and ordered one it will be here in a few more days hopefully. the part number is 92366-08 priced at $35.00 the bracket bolts/screws to the inner fairing [requires drilling] and it uses the standard Zumo cradle.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bosco 09
HD just released a new mount for the Zumo/Roadtech it's fairing mounted above the fuel gauge. i saw the pic in the new products catalog at the HD dealer and ordered one it will be here in a few more days hopefully. the part number is 92366-08 priced at $35.00 the bracket bolts/screws to the inner fairing [requires drilling] and it uses the standard Zumo cradle.
Made that mistake once with the HD Quest..WON'T repeat it. If you ever upgrade to a different GPS, you will be left with HOLES in your inner fairing. Not a good look no matter how you try to hide them.

I'll mount on the bars so I can change it int he future if I so desire.

The Garmin 550 comes with EVERYTHING you need to mount it to the bars in 2 different ways. You can mount to the bars themselves, OR you can mount to the switch housing on either side of the bike. Also comes with the Dash mount for the Car. you can use it on the windshield, (Not recommended) or you can mount the included plastic plate and mount to that.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:31 AM
oscarg
Road Captain

I bought the Garmin 550 but then bought the H/D switch houseing mount because it makes a lot better looking install. I also removed fairing and hard wired into the curcuit for the cig lighter

Old 02-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Bldr1000
Go to www.86photovideo.com, and you can buy the Zumo 550 for $465.00 plus shipping. It includes all mounts....Bldr
Be careful here. Make sure it has the memory card also. Unit will not be any good without it. Had the same thing happen to me for a good price then they called & wanted to know if I was going to purchase memory card for another $175.00 & it didn't include carrying case. They were real arrogant, so i canx order & went to amazon.com & got it all for $658.00.

Quick Reply: HD Roadtech ZUMO