Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Brakelight/Turn Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default LED Brakelight/Turn Conversion

Anybody here have any experience with the many kits available that convert your turn signals into running lights, and also convert your rear lights into the LED's?
Been looking at a couple kits and before I drop a few hundred $$, I'd like to hear of anyones experience with them.

TIA

Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Gunkholes
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LED Brakelight/Turn Conversion

I installed the Kuryakyn tail light/rear turn signal combo. They look great, installed easily, and added significantly to my visibility.

Old 03-14-2006, 02:58 PM
DDDeepdiver
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gunkholes

I installed the Kuryakyn tail light/rear turn signal combo. They look great, installed easily, and added significantly to my visibility.

I installed the same on my road king...took about 15 - 20 min. to install ....all plug in .....and i changed the amber lenses to red. It is the best mod i have done so far really stands out. It turns your turn signals into full time running, Brake lights and they also flash 3 times when you brake.

Old 03-14-2006, 03:07 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

I took the less expensive way - I bought the Harley Kit for less then 40 bucks I think - It includes new red lenses for the rear turn signals (Which I think would look on the rear of your bike) - The install is a breeze - Yes it will state you have to pull the main fuse (Shhhh - I didn't do that step) - The only small challenge is finding the just right spot under the seat to position the converter unit - You don't get the 3 times flashing but they all light up at the same time which is all I wanted - IMHO I will wait for LED's to come down in price and to go up in compatibility - Let us know what you decide!

Old 03-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Same here. Stock bulbs, no LED's yet.

To those who have done this mod, do your running/turn signal lights seem brighter than normal when in the non-brake light mode?

Old 03-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Bill918
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the Harley kit on my Road King. If I had to do it again I would have gone with the Kuryakyn. The HD will convert your directionals to directionals/brake lamps. The Kuryakyn kit converts them to directionals/brake/running lamps. I agree with Kess that the biggest pain was where to put the module

Old 03-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

I installed the Kuryakyn Panacea Deluxe LED Taillight and front and rear turn signals last year. I love them and think it was one of the best mods I did also. The rear lenses are red now instead of amber and my front lenses are smoked. The rear running lights stay on all the time as running lights (red) blink amber as turn signals and also work as brake lights. The Brake light and rear turn signals also flash 3 times when you hit the brake. The visibility is excellent.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:00 PM
ringonking
Advanced

i also installed the kuryakyn controller. its the best mod ive done on my king. i also did the front and rear directional leds. the whole thing is kind of pricy but well worth the visibilty i think. i also did the rear tail light too.i have the deluxe light.i didnt do the panacea kit. just the plain led lenses.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Cohiba_Joe
Road Captain

After doing a bunch of research I also decided to go with the Kuryakyn Panacea setup. Along with the rear brake / run / turn lights I also upgraded the front signals to the LED.

One of the better things I've done to the bike.

Brian

Old 03-14-2006, 06:02 PM
bikersully
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I installed the Kuryakyn LED tail light (not the Panacea) and the Kuryakyn LED light bulbs (again not the Pancacea). I use the Harley turn/brake light converter and smoked lenses. Looks and functions great. No additional restister needed for LED turn signals.

Quick Reply: LED Brakelight/Turn Conversion