Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another 2007 bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hog Yild
I think there is a large portion of 07 owners who are very happy with their purchase. For the most part you can place me in that category. And most of us don't speak up to that. Yes I've added some items to my bike, the IDS, a SERT, pipes, etc. What's new with that. I also purchased the extended warranty, and I did on my 04 as well.
maybe i am stupid but what is IDS?

Old 10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At least you have some warranty left!But what you will get is either another motor with the same chance of it happening again or a new pump and rebuild. When was bike built? While I agree lugging with the 07 gearing is playing into this,so are other things.These yr bikes got a bad rep whether you think you have a good one or not and HD is getting away with it the cheapest way they know how. Theres alot of complaints filed on the NHTSA site over the trans noise and heat but those that had engine failures are reluctant to file for some reason when a crank slips or pump fails.Just because its covered by warranty doesnt mean it isnt a wider problem.You would be singing a different tune if this happened a month or so later and its going to happen to many this way I believe. the IDS cant stop it,the weak stock comp if replaced with the SE unit along with IDS might do better??But its still a problem that HD will make many of us pay for. These truly are STRIKE BIKES.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

My 06 is going to stay with me a long time.
Not interested in trading every 2 years or having to spend a couple thousand on an extended warranty for peace of mind.... shouldn't have to.

Hell, these are supposed to be premium bikes. Should already have a 5 year warranty from the factory. (end of whine)

Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Some of you guys should have riden a Harley 30 years ago when they really where a pieces of crap. The new ones are like Bentley's compared to the old ones.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hrlyrider
maybe i am stupid but what is IDS?
+1 on that.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
angelina78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ride a 78 shovel and 07 rk, i guess i'm screwed with two pieces of ...

the 78 has 200k on one top end build and the 07 has 20k no problems

Old 10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by jag1886
Some of you guys should have riden a Harley 30 years ago when they really where a pieces of crap. The new ones are like Bentley's compared to the old ones.
+1
Can you say AMF!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

I love my 07.

I did add the IDS, but it was my choice. Also added the stage 1 and it was my choice but it cooled the bike down and made it run a LOT stronger.

The older ones run hot too. My buddy has a 05 and it runs very hot, but we did the stage 1 and it's better now.

You read these boards enough, you'll believe they all suck and we know that ain't true.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Hrlyrider
Road Captain

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I love my 07.

I did add the IDS, but it was my choice. Also added the stage 1 and it was my choice but it cooled the bike down and made it run a LOT stronger.

The older ones run hot too. My buddy has a 05 and it runs very hot, but we did the stage 1 and it's better now.

You read these boards enough, you'll believe they all suck and we know that ain't true.
Please what the hell is the IDS

Old 10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No modern vehicle ah'm aware of has unlimited mileage warranties outside of m/c's. Ah've got 7 years unlimited mileage on mah UC. Sorry - but ta me, that's a decent deal fer a few bucks more!

Quick Reply: another 2007 bites the dust