Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another 2007 bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Dalton;4026611]
Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
If you are referring to my post,

Problems:

1) The 6 speed tranny noise issues, whatever the cause,

2) The 96 C.I. heat issues, whatever the cause,

3) The IDS "A Band-Aid", at least in my opinion,

4) The 110 CVO bikes and their gasket, cylinder issues,

quote]

Filled the tranny with Redline Shockproof Heavy, added a Boarzilla pipe - What noise?

Built it to a 120" - engine temps run about 205 cruising - heat, what heat?

Installed the IDS, made it much smoother, dont consider it a band-aid.

120 doesnt leak a drop - gasket and cylinder issues?

Ok, now that I have had my fun, I can say the 07's did have some issues, when stock mine was unbearable hot in traffic, and I did have the "can of rocks sound in the primary and the tranny whine in 5th, but aside from the issues I cured by doing modifications, it has been no better or worse than my previous HD's. Oh, the HK stereo did take a crap earlier this year, and thankfully, that was still under warranty.
let me just say this.....sweet bike!
glad you got all your issues resolved....how much did that cost ya??

Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 462 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasRedneck
These are machines - not perfect creations, and will all have their strengths/weaknesses. If the issues become more than the price of admission is worth, then it's time ta get shut of it an' move on ta something else that'll make ya happier - but lemme tell you - ALL of 'em have their problems. Most of 'em can be overcome - but for some, it's better ta just move on. That's what I did when the previous brand ah rode fer 12 years/250k miles became more than ah cared ta worry over. It lets ya enjoy life MUCH better.......
Amen brother ... PREACH on
My Honda 1100 Spirit ran 130,000 miles in 5.5 years.... orginal clutch, stator, EVERYTHING... except speedo cable, fork seals, and fan switch... I got a feeling it was going to start to get expensive, and then I'd be putting several thousand dollars in a bike that was no longer worth it.
Kinda like my truck... I doubled it's value, when I put 4 new tires on it
I bought a used '05 Rg... paid less than it would have cost for a new Nomad.. Been a slow year so far... just 17,000 miles in 2008... i hope to do better next year

Old 10-27-2008, 06:56 AM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My factory stock 2004 RG with 37,600 miles did the same thing last thursday. Luckily , I have the EW. When the dealer dropped the oil, he found large quantity of brass shavings in it. Supposed to find out more about cause this week.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:48 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sifularson
Maybe we should revive this old thread . . .

2007 poll
Good idea Steve - the poll offers stark rebuttal to that "another '07 bites the dust".

I love mine too and have only had one minor problem (well... minor because they fixed it free even though it was a mod to the '07 and was beyond the 90 day default).

I added IDS just to enhance an already great bike and the bearing puked after a few months. My dealer didn't even blink about getting it fixed even though over 90 days had elapsed. The staff just said "That shouldn't have happened. We'll take care of it for you immediately" and they did too.

Last edited by RangeRat; 10-27-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:31 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

With every bike forum there is problems that are written about,not very often will someone take the time to say what a great running bike they have had for quite a few years with nothing but maintenance to do,and alot of these problems are self inflicked,by changing somethings and not others,by not knowing the charistics of the Harley brand probably accounts for more damage being done than anything else.Of course as mentioned,if it was made by a human,there is a good chance of a flaw,but that is with anything that is made by one of us.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:10 PM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How true. Not too many threads that say "Need help. My '07 runs great"

Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
DJH1960
5th Gear

I too have an 07 Ultra Classic, bought it used in May with 12k on the odo. I now have 19,500 on it and have had it at the dealer for electrical gremlins 1 time. They said they "cleared the codes" and it's running fine now. Okay, but, what caused the codes in the first place? I made them show me how to clear the codes myself and I've never had it there again. Now when it acts up I just pull to the side of the road, shut it off, clear the codes, restart it and ride on! The same 3 codes have come up several times, TPS, Low Fuel @ Inject and rear O2 Sensor.
I did have one of those "OH SH*T" moments the other day returning from Dallas. Relaxing with the cruise @ 70 listening to XM radio. All at once the radio and cruise died, I twisted the throttle and the bike was running fine but had no power to those 2 items. About 2 miles later the power returned and nothing else has happened since??????
I do not regret buying this bike, I got a great deal on it. I've worked on every bike I have ever owned, this one will be no exception. I wish the best of luck to those of you that are riding the "problem" bikes.
Deal with it or trade them for something else.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM
sonic
Road Captain

I think a Honda salesman would be wise to check out this thread. As for me I'm stickin' with HD.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RangeRat
How true. Not too many threads that say "Need help. My '07 runs great"
Sounds like a great thread. My 2007 has been terrific. A few issues, of course. This site is full of issues for every year Harley. But you know what? We love our Harley's anyway!

I would rather have the soul of my Harley running beneath me than the smooth, no-character Honda that I also have.