Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Windshield ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock Werks Windshield ??

Does anyone have one of these on there SG or RG, I have a 6 inch on the bike now and i am getting a lot of buffering from the wind and what i have read the Klock Werks is 6 1/2 but its supposed to give more down force and less turbulence around the fairing. The price is a little high for it. Any suggestions???

Old 12-12-2008, 08:21 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought the Klock Werks 6.5 in for my EGS and had it on for 1 day. I loved the look but it cause buffetting for me that was very bad at 45 and 60 mph. These 2 speeds happen to be where most of my riding is done. I am 6'1" tall and the head buffetting/vibration was unacceptable to me. If they had an 8" one I would get it.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Kowalski
Cruiser

Originally Posted by JustDennis
I bought the Klock Werks 6.5 in for my EGS and had it on for 1 day. I loved the look but it cause buffetting for me that was very bad at 45 and 60 mph. These 2 speeds happen to be where most of my riding is done. I am 6'1" tall and the head buffetting/vibration was unacceptable to me. If they had an 8" one I would get it.
i'm 6'1" also i will probably go with an 8 inch,i really like the look of the short windshield, i quess i miss the tall windshield on my old RKC

Old 12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

the klockwerks looks good but the reveiws i have read are not good

ride safe

Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
hotrodsandharleys73
Road Master

I have one on mine and really like it, it smokes the 4" that I was running. If you don't want any wind just get a 8" or 10". I laugh every time this comes up, you can't expect a 6" windsheild to block as much wind as the stock EG windsheild. The downforce it adds is very noticeable, I ride the interstate to work and at 70+ the bike is a lot more stable with the Klockwerks and it looks awesome.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:24 PM
D34
Tourer

I have it on my SG. I haven't gotten to ride but about 20 miles since getting it. Damn snow. It definetly blows the 4" away but the above post is so correct.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:52 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I swear by My Klock Werks windshield! I really think it depends on how tall you are. And as far as negative reviews...well you can find something to like or dislike abotu anything. It's all about personal preference and your experiences vs. what you're looking for in a product! Ride safe...Mike

Old 12-12-2008, 09:33 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Kowalski
Does anyone have one of these on there SG or RG, I have a 6 inch on the bike now and i am getting a lot of buffering from the wind and what i have read the Klock Werks is 6 1/2 but its supposed to give more down force and less turbulence around the fairing. The price is a little high for it. Any suggestions???
I have a 12" tinted KW for my '09 FLTR - I like the looks, has decent protection but the rush of air caused by the contour is very loud and makes it hard to hear the stereo.
I usually wear ear plugs to drown out the wind. I doesn't offer much weather protection either. This time of year, I run the tall stock shield anyway. I'm sure I'll learn to appreciate the KW when the weather warms here.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:08 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Clearview on my UC and love it. 12" still but no buffeting.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:29 PM
monkish
Road Master

I run a 12" on mine. I love the look and the wind is tollerable. If I want no wind I take the car. I have considered getting a clearview but not sure. It is always good to have options.

Quick Reply: Klock Werks Windshield ??