Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Shorty Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

12 inch AM/FM antenna from Auto-Zone...$4.95 works as well as the stock whip antenna

Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 PM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by spizzyman
It's 12 degrees outside so no riding and mine are in a box waiting for install. I assume I will actually get better reception due to the fact the previous owner had the original one cut shorter by the dealer. The performance had to suffer.

spiz
I cut mine lower on a previous 07 bike. It didn't change the reception at all, not sure if your new antenna will improve or not. One things for sure, it can't hurt it!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:26 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the J&M shorties. They look & work great.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggie
Anyone install these antenna on their Bikes? They"re suppose to replace the long whip antenna and work well without adjusting your CB.

Shorty CB Antenna #76386-08 $29.95
Shorty AM/FM Antenna #76388-08 $29.95
+1 on the positives for the HD shorty antennas. It is one of the things that HD did better than other aftermarket shorty antenna mfrs that advertise here occasionally. No decrease in transmission or reception quality of the CB, and the radio is good on reception even in remote areas where signals get weak. AND they don't bang into the garage door all the time like the whip antennas... Finally, they come off quickly and get stored when (if) you put your bike cover on during overnights in the hotel parking lot....

Old 01-04-2009, 01:11 PM
H2OFOOTER
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed J&M shorty antennas and noticea small differance in FM reception. Have not used the CB.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 PM
MeanMorningJoe
Advanced

I replaced the radio antenna and it works just fine. I had a nock off HOG tail and did not get good reception. I put on the HD Shorty and it works just as good as the long whip... Not sure about the CB... I have a Classic and no CB.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:59 PM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have put the HD shorties on my bike. And I think I like the look but I see myself putting a eye out with them since they are below eye level. I just put the Ride Time Technology FlashR on the Trunk Side lights. And almost jabbed myself in the face a couple of times while doing the install.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 AM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

I put the J&M ones on about a year ago. No difference in performance that I can tell. I'm glad HD got rid of the long whips. I kept having the CB one break off just below the coil.

I like the looks of the J&M's a little better.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Biggie
Advanced

Originally Posted by goodbirds
I put the J&M ones on about a year ago. No difference in performance that I can tell. I'm glad HD got rid of the long whips. I kept having the CB one break off just below the coil.

I like the looks of the J&M's a little better.
I was going to order the J&M antenna until I saw the Harley Short Antenna at the local dealer. I'm going to pick them up this morning and try them out.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Biggie
Advanced

These Shorty's work Great. No loss in Radio reception and the CB Recieves and transmit just fine.

Quick Reply: Harley Shorty Antenna