Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do with Guardian Bell

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 10:54 AM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do with Guardian Bell

I am recently recovering from a serious accident where the bike was totalled. So to help my mind I have engaged in a new bike purchase. My question is I obtained the guardian bell from the old bike. Do I reuse it? Or does one get another and use it? What is the proper guardian bell protocol? Thanks.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:56 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Tom from http://harleygoodies.com/ here. Make sure your bell is given to you by someone else to ensure that it "works." Read this for more info. http://www.helmetsetc.com/legend-bell.asp

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 455 Likes on 245 Posts

Transfering a bell from one bike, to another... is (IMO) bad juju.... any friend of yours who rides should be getting you a new one for your new bike...

Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM
HogFather
Road Captain

New one it is. Just sounds like the right thing to do. Can imagine the old one has much more saving power. I put it to the test a few weeks ago, for sure.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:04 AM
SSN711
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HogFather
I am recently recovering from a serious accident where the bike was totalled. So to help my mind I have engaged in a new bike purchase. My question is I obtained the guardian bell from the old bike. Do I reuse it? Or does one get another and use it? What is the proper guardian bell protocol? Thanks.
Let me see...you say you totaled your last bike and you want to take the guardian bell from that bike and reuse it?!...

Hello....McFly....

I'd take that guardian bell out to some isolated spot and bury it deep and hope it never comes back...I mean...it did so well by you...

Old 06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know.......me thinks the bell did its job, cuz he's here to tell us about it.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:19 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I would most likely retire that bell - put it on a shelf and hope a riding friend gives you a new one.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 AM
doghog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about keeping the old bell if it was a minor accident? I had an accident were I came out of it with only some bumps and brusies and my RKC only had some scrapes on the crash bars and primary. I also was lucky enough that a cop saw the whole thing go down and went after the guy who caused me to dump her! BTW - he is also my witness.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:21 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

If you totaled your scoot and you walked away from the accident, I would definately hang the old bell on the new scoot. It did its job, you are still here with us.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:23 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd go for get a new Bell. I think they are sort of a one use deal, but thats entirely up to you. If you feel attached to this bell, then i'd go with it. After all, its just superstition anyway, so might as well run with whatever you feel most strongly about.

Quick Reply: What to do with Guardian Bell