Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

explain this to me...

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:28 AM
salzy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry explain this to me...

Why the hell do they put a brake pedal the size of a house on a touring bike? I just pick me up a 99 EG ultra at a good price and this is one fine riding scoot. the only bitch I got is the brake pedal. I've locked the rear up twice trying to avoid animals in the road(at night) ya ya I know, don't use so much pressure yada yada yada...the damn thing also takes up half the floor board. jesus, who needs a pedal this big? one last bitch, why is there no way to adjust the pedal height? Is there any reason why it has to be 6 inches off the floor board. maybe I'm just used to riding with pegs but there's got to be a way to change or adjust this. any suggestions?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ya buy a new brake pedal for it. It is a 2 peice thing, no big deal or get use to it.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cut it in half.

Take the pedal off the arm and cut the arm pedal support in half. Then buy a dyna pad or after market to replace the pinto pedal as I call it. Photo attached.

Attached Thumbnails explain this to me...-mvc_002s.jpg  
Old 08-13-2009, 06:48 AM
salzy
Advanced

I never said it was a big deal. I just don't like it. and it's not as easy as just putting another pedal on it because the backing plate on the lever goes to the end of this pedal so it's not like I can just slap a smaller pedal on. I'll probably just mod this one anyhow. cut a v in the lever, bend it down and reweld it to get it closer to the board....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 AM
salzy
Advanced

yup I had that thought too. this just gives me an excuse to tinker on my new wheels.....gotta love a harley

Old 08-13-2009, 06:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts

I have several bikes, including my Glide. I sympathise entirely, especially after riding one of my 'normal' bikes. But it doesn't take long to relax into Gliding along, when suddenly it all makes sense! So stay with it and it should all click for you before too long.

Last time I locked the rear and crossed up was when a car driver started turning across my path, without signalling. He stopped pretty sharp to let me by!

Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 AM
salzy
Advanced

77tulsa- what pedal is that? is that a dyna pad? you got a p/n?

Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 AM
salzy
Advanced

thanks Graham, but I can't ever leave anything alone. I have to tinker on something and this gives me an excuse....

Old 08-13-2009, 06:55 AM
77Tulsa
Road Captain

You might want to get a 2002 or newer pedal which is about 3 inches longer and gets the pedal from over the floor board like the one in my previous post.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:58 AM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Default Pedal

Originally Posted by salzy
77tulsa- what pedal is that? is that a dyna pad? you got a p/n?
The pedal it self is a 2002 or newer touring pedal with the pedal support cut in half with the dyna pad bolted on. Don't have the part number. that is on a 99 cop bike.

Quick Reply: explain this to me...