Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full face helment

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,941 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Get yourself a nice full face. I prefer Arai although pricey, they have always worked great for me.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
DPete
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 1,729 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I wear a FF, it's a habit after years of off road racing. Like others have said I don't give a rats azz if it is'nt the coolest looking. 50mph and under visor up over 50 visor down. Wear what you want, see lots of them on the road. Anybody that would judge a person by their helmet is full of **** anyway

Last edited by DPete; 08-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I have a friend whom is a Fire Chief and he has worked a lot of motorcycle accidents. He said in general if the rider is not wearing a helmet, they are likely dead or hurt really really bad. If the are wearing a non full face helmet, they aren't in real bad shape, but their face is a mess. He won't ride a motorcycle because of his experiences, but if he did, he said might as well go all they way and wear a FF.

I've never heard that a FF helmet is more likely to break your neck. That is interesting.

As for looks, my buddy and I laugh that even though he rides a Yamaha, he gets a lot more waves by Harley riders when he is not wearing a helmet than I do wearing a FF helmet on a SG. So I do think there is some kind of stigma out there.

Beary

Old 08-21-2009, 10:42 AM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who give a **** what other people think. I wear my FF helmet ever time I ride regardless of what I'm on. It's what I want to wear so it is what I wear.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line, who cares what other people think? It's YOUR face you're saving if you go down, not theirs.

That said, I wear a Shark Evoline Modular FF every time I get on the bike these days.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Eric in chicago
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a race car driver and the above statement about breaking your neck is false, I could write a essay about that subject alone but wont...Neck breaks because the car comes to a stop from high speed, body is strapped in tight, head is not strapped or contained by any device/straps, body stops moving, head with heavy helmet does not stop (hence the introduction of the HANS device to limit forward travel of the head) Big difference in cycle crash and car crash.Cycle helmet is a one time use item, hit something and it is done, made to protect for one impact/slide. Head and body are flying thru the air/pavement, no neck breaking unless it is part of the crash impact. Knowing what I know I mostly wear a FF but will slap on a 3/4 for a quick run. Got to say, you will get a lot more funny looks with no face for the rest of your life than passing someone with a FF. To each his own, ride on guys, covered or not

Last edited by Eric in chicago; 08-21-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by zeppelin316
i dont want to get funny looks.
If my socks don't match my helmet will people laugh at me?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
devils haircut
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a firm believer that a full face will break your neck, limit your vision, impare your hearing, cause herpes, and yes, people will laugh at you. Also, don't ride too far in one direction. You see, the earth is flat and you might fall off and get raped by a unicorn. Trust me, a cop told me so.

Old 08-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Travler
Why should you care what you look like to anyone else? If that's what you want to wear..... wear it. I usually wear a 1/2, sometime a 3/4. If folks don't like the look.... they can turn their dang heads.... JMO....
Do what you feel is best and don't worry about what others may say.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM
sickwithit
Road Captain

Originally Posted by devils haircut
I am a firm believer that a full face will break your neck, limit your vision, impare your hearing, cause herpes, and yes, people will laugh at you. Also, don't ride too far in one direction. You see, the earth is flat and you might fall off and get raped by a unicorn. Trust me, a cop told me so.

that's funny!!

Quick Reply: full face helment