Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with Street Glide Luggage Touring Long Trip Camping Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:17 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't carry sleeping bags anymore but here is a pic w just a roller blade type duffle bag and another sm bag. I think you are going to need the saddlebag cover things and put your sleeping bags there ( a pain to get into your SB so put stuff you need in outside bag) and you tent, etc on top of your other bags. I use 5 diff bungee's, three on duffle bag and then two x-long ones on the sm bag and then can put lethers there also as we shed. Good luck and have fun.
Edit: Another option you may be able to just strap the sleeping bags on the sides of your bag using a couple long bungies. You might be able to put your tent under your bag before straping it on. I know people love their tour-pak but I can pack more and be strapped on and off in seconds. You'll figure it out. Post a pic when you get it set up.

Last edited by gmc; 08-25-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 AM
SG Mike
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scorpion07
If you want to keep this woman - you might want to check into seat options too!
That stock SG seat isn't good for consecutive long mileage days - especially for the passenger. It's designed more for looks then comfort.
The stock seat sucks. I would get a new seat before you do anything else.

Be safe out there!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Holzarbeiter
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why not get a King tour pak with the large luggage rack? There is a lid cover for the saddle bags that will hold bedrolls. T-Bags and others make luggage for the rack. I would also suggest the storage bags for the saddlebag crash bars (if you have them) they come in handy and give storage for all the small things.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:26 AM
whitrt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I use this

on my EGC, for tent and camping gear. Works great.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id218.html

I will look to see if I have an pics of the bike with it.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Scorpion07
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitrt
on my EGC, for tent and camping gear. Works great.

http://www.eglidegoodies.com/id218.html

I will look to see if I have an pics of the bike with it.

Any problems with everything wreaking of exhaust fumes?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM
ronorr44
Advanced

Buy a trailer then you dont have to mess with the look of the bike itself. +1 on the seat I have the Harley Sundowner and I can pull of a whole tank in 1 session easy.
http://www.alumaklm.com/mctxl_towabl...e_trailer.html
http://www.trailmasterinc.com/[/URL]

Old 08-25-2009, 10:42 AM
whitrt
Advanced

No, went to the Black Hills from IL last month. I had my tent, tarp, air mattress, and small chair in a water proof bag. Everything made the ride without melting, or smelling like exhaust. I did however rub a small spot on the paint on my rear fender. It works great for a cooler.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been think about this since eglidegoodies is a little pricy. Why not attach a couple pieces of square bars or even flat bars (naturally painted black or chrome) across the width of your rack and strap the sleeping bags on both sides of your bag. They don't weight that much so it shouldn't effect the handling and shouldn't add that much width.

Old 08-27-2009, 10:44 AM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone already posted this sorry. Check these out. I'm looking to getting just the lid bras but this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.directharleyparts.com/vir...=104&PVSID=108

+1 on the seat ideas. If you are set on the street glide seat then please send it off to Mean City Cycles to be modded before you go. You may be minus a fiance if you don't.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
TRUBRIT
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SG Loading

Ride Tek Lid Haulers are great for sleeping bags. No issues getting into the side bags with them attached. Remember : Heavy low, Light high. A blow up air mattress is around 9lbs. Put it in a side bag. Put your tent in the other side. I have a Kury Grand Tour for clothes. 3,000 mile trip, camping half of it, with no problems. If you load up the back rack with too much stuff you will get low speed wobble. Ask me how I know! USPS takes care of goodies bought on the trip. Estimate $1.00 per lb. to ship.

Attached Thumbnails Help with Street Glide Luggage Touring Long Trip Camping Etc.-att00001-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Help with Street Glide Luggage Touring Long Trip Camping Etc.