Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Primary leak UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 08:57 AM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Primary leak UPDATE

Spoke with the HD shop yesterday. The Harley guru from Florida was there. When the sevice manager told him that my bike had been apart 5 times for inner primary seals, and still leaked, he knew exactly what was wrong. Some little seal on the tranny? causing the inner primary seal to leak? Sounds like BS to me, but I will give him a chance. And when told about the vibration I have complained about......he said....oh yeah.....probably the front motor mount nut loose. So,,,,,maybe we are in the short rows now......should know today......

nogood o~`o

Old 06-13-2006, 09:15 AM
carsoni
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Primary leak UPDATE

I'm just wondering. Does the lemon law apply to motorcycles? If so I'd be looking into getting me another bike. Sorry for your troubles.[sm=boink3.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

HE IS RIGHT ABOUT THAT LITTLE TRANS SEAL. MUST HAVE BEEN INEXPERIENCED TECH NOT TO REALIZE IT SOONER.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Blue
Advanced

I've been watching your threads, please keep us updated, mine was in for a small shifter seal leak.
Told the dealer that there is a new updated seal....which they acted like they knew nothing about,
needless to say mine still leaks also.
Gene

Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
ratmotortom
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep ! I had the shift shaft seal replaced at the first service. Dealer immediately identified the problem. 3000 miles later, no leak. best of luck with yours !

Old 06-13-2006, 08:55 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

This is a common problem among all baggers. I had an '02RKC, and now '05 RG, and both bike had the same leak! At least both of mine were under factory warranty.

ORIGINAL: ratmotortom

Yep ! I had the shift shaft seal replaced at the first service. Dealer immediately identified the problem. 3000 miles later, no leak. best of luck with yours !

Old 06-14-2006, 12:16 AM
wnogood
Banned

Luckily, mine is under warranty as well. I am just pissed that I have been without my bike for pretty much 3 weeks now. The tech that is working on the leak told me that "If a bike comes in here with a primary leak, I am the one that fixes it." Sounds like they may need to give someone else a shot at it. The service manager called me today to inform me that the man working on my bike called in sick today, but they felt sure that all would be fixed by tomorrow afternoon. The subject of the shifter seal came up as well. For some reason, they dismissed it fairly quick. I really do not care at this point. I will follow up with everyone when they get this fixed, and share the truth/half-truth/lie that they claim was the final fix. Thanks for listening to my rant.....

nogood o~`o

Old 06-14-2006, 12:18 AM
wnogood
Banned

Lemon law??? I already checked.......does not apply to motorcycles in the state of Alabama......

nogood o~`o

Old 06-14-2006, 12:31 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: wnogood

Lemon law??? I already checked.......does not apply to motorcycles in the state of Alabama......

nogood o~`o
It should, considering the freakin price we pay for these bikes. I get the feeling there is a lot of incompetant techs out there working on our bikes at these stealerships which is sad considering they are supposed to certified by HD.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:44 AM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: carsoni

I'm just wondering. Does the lemon law apply to motorcycles? If so I'd be looking into getting me another bike. Sorry for your troubles.[sm=boink3.gif]
in Ohio it DOES NOT apply to motorcycles. At least it didn't in 1999 but after weeks of greif & breakdowns the dealer (Not Harley-Davidson) replaced the UltraClassic out of their inventory at no cost to me. Harley wouldn't even give the dealer an allotment for another bike to replace the one they gave me, and thats when they were still hard to get... Dealership was Elyria Harley Davidson in Ohio....

Quick Reply: Primary leak UPDATE