Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How's that for service....

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 08:05 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default How's that for service....

I called my dealer to schedule my 5K service. I also wanted my cruise control installed at the same time so as not to tie up my06 EG Classic more than necessary. I wanted to have this all done before the 6th of July for my trip to the NY State HOG Rally. When I bought the EG, I also bought a service plan good thru 20K miles, including oil changes every 2500 after the 5K service. They call it Priority Plus Service. 24 hr turn around free pickup or delivery.

So anyway, I scheduled my service today, 6-20-06 and the earliest date is 6-30-06. Just before the long weekend of the 4th. I told them I also had other issues such as stalling. The service guy told me that they have a bullitin about injectors and how soon could I get my bike in!! Damn now thats what I call service. No hedging or balking about the injector issue. Get it in here and let's "gitter done".

Going in tomorrow!!!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:04 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,735 Likes on 1,553 Posts
Default RE: How's that for service....

It's cool when things work out with the dealer but... ....thats boring!!! Come on, they must have done something wrong!!! Lets hear it...

Old 06-29-2006, 11:40 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member

Just a follow up on my service. Dealer swapped out my injectors without batting an eye. My ride runs great with no further issues.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I like to hear good dealer stories................those screwing the customer gets old

Old 06-30-2006, 01:22 AM
mndemohead
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I called my dealer and told them I wanted my bike for service the next day they would laugh at me and hang up.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:42 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

So? Who's your dealer?

Old 06-30-2006, 09:05 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member

Seacoast HD, N. Hampton, NH

Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior

Getting my scoot back tonight (I hope) after having the 1K sevice as well as a couple other issues taken care of. One of those issues being, you guessed it, stalling and going snap-crackel-pop on decel. How this all turns out will decide weather or not I continue to patronize my dealer. I hope I'm as fortunate as you.

Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 AM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

yea but they are much more interesting to hear about all the BS and cussing, lies that they think your going to beleive.
ORIGINAL: Bruce00

I like to hear good dealer stories................those screwing the customer gets old

Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 AM
rollover
Road Captain

Took mine into the dealer Tuesday to have the 1000 mile service done and the bike runs great. On the other side of the coin, it looked like crap when I went to get it. I asked the owner to come out and look at the bike and then proceeded to ask him if they sprayed the bike with all the old oil they removed. [:@] All the chrome was smudged with dielectric grease and the front right lower was covered in what looked to be old oil. The left side exhaust pipe looked the same. The dealer went on to tell me that they wipe all their fingerprints from the bike after service so you wouldn't even know they were there. RIGHT. Told him to forget about it as I would take it home and detail it myself. He insisted on getting some polish and wiping down the bike. You would think that after someone spends $20k+ on a bike that at the very least you would get it back in the same condition as you dropped it off in. You definitely shouldn't get it back all greasy and filthy. Brought the bike home and spent a few hours detailing. Looks better then when I bought it. Probably should have asked him if he would put one on the showroom floor looking the way they were giving mine back to me.

Quick Reply: How's that for service....