Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Sheepskin cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
hdmike
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Sheepskin cover

Has anyone used the HD sheepskin cover, (part # 52060-98)
I purchased the Alaska Leather 2pc. set for my '05 Ultra, and I just don't care for it.
Any info would be appreciated.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm just kinda' curious about what you didn't like about the Alaska Leather? I bought a set last spring and used them all summer. My wife and I actually liked the feel of them over the plain seat.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm with Whiskers on this one. Alaska Leather is a great product. Perfect fit and quick releases for washing, rain, etc.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the HD sheepskin cover on my 2006 Ultra when I first bought the bike. That same cover is now on my 2008. It stays on all year, keeps me cool in summer, warm in winter..and can not be removed without removing the seat, so I don't worry about theft.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:42 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Two of the guys I ride with have it and like it. Need to buy the rain cover for riding in the rain and overnight dew. I just bought a sure enough sheep skin, long hair for more cushion. Cut a slit in it so I could slip it over my back rest, trimmed it up a little to fit (surprising how close it matched the contours of seat before I did any trimming) I can slip the HD rain cover over it, or just quickly remove it. I love my sheep skin!! Have contemplated many different seat mods, (mean city, tall boy etc) but after buying the sheep skin while in NM this year, I don't think I will do anything else. It's great!! (IMO if you buy the HD seat cover, and both back rest covers, you have spent way too much money for what you are getting. I spent $60.oo on my sheep skin.)

Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
SSN711
Cruiser

Yes...used it all summer on my '07 Ultra. Kept my butt from sweating which helped with monkey butt. Sits you up about 1/2 inch higher which I liked. Nice snug fit, looks like it belongs on the bike.

Got caught in the rain once....pulled it off and put in the dryer with no problem. Should have bought a rain cover for it.

I have a different seat than the stock one now. My sheepskin was on Ebay a couple of months ago, got one offer on it which I didn't take. I was asking $95.00 plus shipping (it is like new, no rips, tears, fading, etc). Decided to wait and try selling it again when hot weather comes back around.

Never used it in cold weather so don't know how warm it would be, but it was real great this past summer!

Still got it. If you are interested PM me and I can send you pictures and give you a deal.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:44 AM
twally
Advanced

Bought a sheared sheepskin and cut to fit with a slit for the backrest. Covered the backrest with the leftover. On it's 5th year, wash on occasion, lay out to dry. still in good shape. Never be without one. Love it.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
hdmike
Advanced

I do not like the plastic clips on the straps. I have rub marks on both side panels of the bike. I felt that the passenger pad was cut to a better fit than the rider pad. I know a lot other folks like them, I just think I would like to try something else.

Old 12-04-2009, 07:02 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by mike5511
Two of the guys I ride with have it and like it. Need to buy the rain cover for riding in the rain and overnight dew. I just bought a sure enough sheep skin, long hair for more cushion. Cut a slit in it so I could slip it over my back rest, trimmed it up a little to fit (surprising how close it matched the contours of seat before I did any trimming) I can slip the HD rain cover over it, or just quickly remove it. I love my sheep skin!! Have contemplated many different seat mods, (mean city, tall boy etc) but after buying the sheep skin while in NM this year, I don't think I will do anything else. It's great!! (IMO if you buy the HD seat cover, and both back rest covers, you have spent way too much money for what you are getting. I spent $60.oo on my sheep skin.)
Where in NM did you get the hide?

Old 12-05-2009, 03:46 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Where in NM did you get the hide?

At a hide/skin shop just outside of Taos. (I believe North of town) I have a business card somewhere with their contact info if you are interested. It was a cool little shop. The sheep skin was from New Zealand. They had them in black, white and a brown or tan color. You could get them sheered or un-sheered. (I got un-sheered)

Quick Reply: HD Sheepskin cover