Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D FatCat or VH ProPipe

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:16 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts
Default D&D FatCat or VH ProPipe

Think I am finally going to pull the trigger and go with a 2 into 1 exhaust but need a little help figuring out which one to go with. D&D Fatcat or the VH ProPipe? What do guys think about these two exhaust?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:44 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've personally owned more than one of each... 2 ProPipes & 3 FatCats.

My preference is the FatCat. ProPipe was cool in the late 90's, but the FC is much better and more current design.... at least in my OPINION.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
02GhostRiderVA
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dido what Phil stated! I too have owned both and would not willingly part with my FatCat. Appearance, sound, performance, what's there not to like. Also, the FatCat has several interchangable baffle selections to address your specific performance needs. I am currently employing the same FatCat exhaust in my 107" that I used on my previous 95" and 98" engines, only I am now using their Big Bore Quiet baffle.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

I'm not sure what year pipes you're comparing, but i find the current model Propipe to be very chopped up. Lots of seams (4 seams http://www.vanceandhines.com/product...ipechrome.html) connecting the various chrome sections. I prefer the more seamless look of the Fat Cat (1 seam http://www.danddexhaust.com/catalog/2009/09/556-31.htm). I have yet to see a propipe dyno that performs better than a Fat Cat on the same bike.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either exhaust from a performance standpoint but I find the D&D pipe to be a better looking exhaust system. If you have interest in a ghost pipe for the left side, your only choices are Thunderheader or D&D Fat Cat, Propipe doesn't offer one.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
WI Bob
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I have not owed the Pro Pipe or the Fat Cats.

But I research more than the average bear.

Take a look as most of dyno charts where they are running a Pro Pipe. Many times the tuner cannot get rid of a nasty flat spot in the 2200-3200 range. And the Fat Cat usually has the best numbers for each set up compared to any exhaust set up.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fatcat has my vote. I don't own one but my buddy dose and he is very happy. Good luck

Old 12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my Fatcat, and if it wasn't on my bike I would have a Supertrapp 2-1.

Steve

Old 12-23-2009, 03:50 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default D&D FAtcat

Hands down. The Fat cat is the way to go. Fit, finish, performance. What else is there. I like the ghost pipe look too but it's a personal thing, your choice. You'll love it.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:46 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

FatCat by a mile!!! This pipe is the top of the food chain! I absolutely love this pipe and it's actually better than my previous pipes for touring with the Quiet Baffle. I'm amazed at how quiet it really is and the passenger(wife) loves it. I can't believe I waited so long to put this pipe on my bike. It is the best looking 2:1 IMO to boot! If loud is what you want, get the Performance Baffle, the quiet baffle is the bomb for my touring needs though.

LOVE IT!!!

Old 12-23-2009, 06:33 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Fat Cat hands down. The look is a bomb and the quality is first rate. Three choices of baffle for the sound you want. If you need information you want to talk to Leonard at D & D in technical support for his opinion. Very good at what he does. I have had several with all 3 baffles. You will never look back. Go for it

Quick Reply: D&D FatCat or VH ProPipe