Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeling your pain!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Texas Pro Stocker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeling your pain!

Being from the houston area I am very spoiled on being able to ride pretty much year round. We are visiting family in Maine for christmas and it is cold with ice everywhere. It would suck to have to put your bike up for months and not be able to ride! Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2009, 09:06 AM
AlCherry
Road Warrior
Received 89 Likes on 50 Posts

Things here are not much different than Maine. It is brutally cold out (for SE Texas). Global warming is not working well here. The wind chill is in the 20's. You went to Maine on purpose?

Old 12-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Texas Pro Stocker
Cruiser

Yea can you believe that? It may be cold at home now but I bet I'll be riding again within a couple of weeks. Can't say the same for these folks up here.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:55 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a bud who lives outside Dallas/Fort Worth who has told me that he has to ride 400 miles to hit mountains. I just came back from Florida where I rented a bike for a few days. Not trying to put anyone down, but I hated riding in Florida. Too damn flat and straight and too many stoplights. In all honesty, I will gladly take some down time here in New England in exchange for the fantastic riding that I have right here in my own back yard. I guess that you just learn to live where you live and take advantage of riding where you live. The down time also affords us to do some mods that would otherwise tie up our scoots during the good weather.

Hey Texas, while you are here, take advantage of the tax free shopping offered in the neighboring state of New Hampshire. Where are you staying in Maine?

Last edited by soos; 12-25-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

I have the opposite problem.....
Live in PA where right now it's cold, but I am in southern CA for Xmas and plan on renting a bike in Vegas to satisify my addiction, then its back to the cold

Old 12-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Texas Pro Stocker
Cruiser

We are in Naples and your right It is beautifull here. I have commented to my wife and family how nice it would be to come up here in the summer with the bike and ride.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:28 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Aw man, you are in the middle of a beautiful area up there. Jumpimg onto 302 would bring you over to N.Conway NH. There is a great motorcycle accessories warehouse/store in Ctr. Conway just off of 302 called Whitehorse Gear. Well woth the trip IMO, it's one of my favorite stops. From there you can head south down 16 to 25 into Meredith NH to Laconia HD.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:03 AM
NHSPMCU
Cruiser
Cool My neighborhood...

Originally Posted by soos
Aw man, you are in the middle of a beautiful area up there. Jumpimg onto 302 would bring you over to N.Conway NH. There is a great motorcycle accessories warehouse/store in Ctr. Conway just off of 302 called Whitehorse Gear. Well woth the trip IMO, it's one of my favorite stops. From there you can head south down 16 to 25 into Meredith NH to Laconia HD.
I agree, exceptional riding area, White Mountains of NH. I also recommend Whitehorse Gear as well, a small warehouse full of the most interesting riding gear, can't walk out without buying some neat gadget. Always a must have. Staff there is second to NONE! They are online and have a catalogue as well. Check'em out. If in there area, stop in. Cool shop!