Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with D&D FATCAT fitment please

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help with D&D FATCAT fitment please

Ok gentleman, here is my dilema. I have been speaking with Dr. Vtwin, and I really want to get a fatcat now that i have completed the Hillside 107 build. I know this pipe will give me much better performance than my bub7's. my problem is that my fender fillers and bags were cut to match the mounting of my bub7s. i obviously have to run the ghost pipe, but the question is, will the fatcat hang in the same spot as the bub7s did? and as far as the diameter, what is the measurement of the fatcat? the bub7s are 3.5 inches, and I ave a little breathing room around the edge, so if the fatcat is not that much bigger, it should fit. what do you guys think. any input would be appreciated...and BTW the bub7s are for sale in the classifieds!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:39 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like the Bub's are hanging by the stock hangers. Correct? The D&D hangs in the same place. I just measured my tip and it's 4" OD. This is for an '07, and I think the '08 is the same. The change (Boss) came for the '09 IIRC.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:45 PM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

thanks roadhawg..that was very helpful. the bubs are on the stock hangers with a maybe half inch spacer. i think i will be fine with 4 inch diameter, and if i had to lower or raise them a bit, i can always machine a spacer. how about the length. does the fatcat end even with the saddlebags? i am going to use the upcut model, so the angle flows with the bags, like my bubs do.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have a RKC with the leather bags and the slash down muffler. I know the dimensions are a bit different on the bags, but from the back of the stock hanger support (the rubber insert that the silver hanging plate slides in to) to the tip of my muffler is right at 6 inches. Best I could tell, it would be about 4 inches to the opening if the muffler was flipped to slash up. I think the lines would probably flow well with stock bags and should flow with yours if they carry the same angle as the stock ones.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:23 PM
TXCHOP
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

White/gold...where you at in NJ? Did i read bergen county? If so i am in rockland. Work in nanuet. Just saw you got a mean hillside build as well! Awesome....

Here is a few pics of mine, maybe you can "eye" it up.....

My buddy Rons bike with the fc

Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given the extended bags & pre-existing holes, you may have more of a "custom" size requirement than what you'll get "out'a the box".

One my local buds had D&D make him some longer muffler cans with the slash reversed, to match teh flow of the extended bags. ON that setup, i'd be getting something that fits clean, rather than just getting one because it's on sale.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

The Fatcat is 4" in diameter. It might be somewhat tricky but it looks like it might fit, however it 's likely to be "close".

FYI, my 110" engine is also a "Hillside" build with 10.5 comp, roller rockers, larger injectors, SEST, Ventilator A/C, a Woods 408-6 cam and the Boss FatCat exhaust. Currently making 111hp/115ft-lbs with more tuning to go this Spring.

Last edited by Heatwave; 03-05-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Heathen
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilM
Given the extended bags & pre-existing holes, you may have more of a "custom" size requirement than what you'll get "out'a the box".

One my local buds had D&D make him some longer muffler cans with the slash reversed, to match teh flow of the extended bags. ON that setup, i'd be getting something that fits clean, rather than just getting one because it's on sale.
Not to hijack a thread ,but how much for longer mufflers,and did he talk to D & D direct. Thanks.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:17 AM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

Thanks guys..helpful as always. PhilM..now that is what I am talking about..I want the end of the can to flow with the bags..mot be recessed in, which is what I think a stock one will do, but unfortunately, I would have to mount a stock one to see how much longer I need one to be made. And like heathen said..didi he talk to D&D or is this something that a dealer can have done?

Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
WhiteGoldSG
Road Master

Originally Posted by BAGGERDSM
White/gold...where you at in NJ? Did i read bergen county? If so i am in rockland. Work in nanuet. Just saw you got a mean hillside build as well! Awesome....

Here is a few pics of mine, maybe you can "eye" it up.....

My buddy Rons bike with the fc

Yeah, thats me..bergen county, I am about 5 minutes away from Giants Stadium if you are familiar with the area..thanks for the pics..we need to meet up this summer sometime and go for a ride. we can compare these hillside builds after JD's tunes mine..or maybe thats a bad idea..next winter I'll be splitting my cases and going bigger than 117"..LOL

Last edited by WhiteGoldSG; 03-05-2010 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Help with D&D FATCAT fitment please